Mazda Rotary Club

Cars by Model Type => Old school Mazda's => Topic started by: ska on March 08, 2006, 06:22:12 PM

Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: ska on March 08, 2006, 06:22:12 PM
would I be ousted (sp?) if I didnt re-rotarise the 4 just yet?!? lol
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: OLSKOOLROTAR on March 08, 2006, 07:43:48 PM
Quote from: skawould I be ousted (sp?) if I didnt re-rotarise the 4 just yet?!? lol


YES :Hammer    :Giggle  :Giggle  :Giggle
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: Martiny on March 08, 2006, 07:59:58 PM
Ah no, not another one, I took long enough!
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: travellinbob on March 08, 2006, 09:25:43 PM
Mate you do what you can afford. Simple as that. As long as you intentions are pure in the long run!!! s soon as you get it on the road and start to cruise in it you will want rotor power.
 cheers, michael.
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: ska on March 08, 2006, 10:27:26 PM
see thats it, I cant afford the rotary just now so was gonna put something with efi in but reasonable power in it and up it to a 13b or so bout a year - year and a half later when i can afford the running costs!!!!
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: oldone on March 08, 2006, 10:38:44 PM
Booohoohooo...boohhoooohoooo..... :Nono!  :spank  :flamed  :Hammer  :(  :mad:  :3Confused  :2eek
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: ska on March 08, 2006, 10:45:08 PM
I feel bad enough as it is, like I\'ve betrayed my country!!!!!
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: travellinbob on March 08, 2006, 10:50:36 PM
Hang on what engine is in thee at the moment? I really wouldnt go to the hassle of fitting another engine with efi and all then in a year go another engine transplant. Keep it simple and stick with what you might already have and save like a man possesed. My first rotor was an rx4 sedan with a stock 13b with a decent exhaust and mechanical secondaries on the carb and it was bloody great.
 cheers, michael.
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: ska on March 08, 2006, 11:00:32 PM
read that to my gf she sounded very very confused!! lol its a 2.0L 929 piston affair that looks in a bad way turns ok but my mechanic men advise it gets replaced with something more modern until i can afford the 13 or whichever we go for!!!
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: travellinbob on March 09, 2006, 08:26:40 AM
Aah I see your predicament. Remeber there is always an early rx7 12a option that isnt too pricey. I paid £200 for my engine with most ancillaries and I think if i can remember rightly £100 for the gearbox from a turbo II. Add on maybe another £300 or so for extras and it will be running hopefully. So why not ring around a few of the vendors on this forum abd ask for a price of the running gear from an FB?
 cheers, good luck.
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: mullins on March 09, 2006, 10:10:40 AM
Just chuck a standard 12A or 13B in! As Michael said with a decent tune, exhaust, etc, in a fairly lightweight body you\'ll have a grin from ear to ear! :Giggle
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: ska on March 09, 2006, 10:13:17 AM
what kinda bhp am i getting from that?? oh and mullins mite have a couple more pics for aotearotor if you want them!!
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: travellinbob on March 09, 2006, 11:51:31 AM
With a stockish 12a with a decent exhaust I reckon 140bhp isnt too difficult. It will be enough to wet your apppetite for more anyway!
 cheers, michael.
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: OLSKOOLROTAR on March 09, 2006, 12:09:25 PM
Quote from: travellinbobWith a stockish 12a with a decent exhaust I reckon 140bhp isnt too difficult. It will be enough to wet your apppetite for more anyway!
 cheers, michael.

Good starting point and no doubt will be cheaper on insurance for you aswell
and as already said, once you here the sound you\'ll be addicted  ;) .

Jase
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: travellinbob on March 09, 2006, 03:02:32 PM
On the plus side you could probably get a 12a insured as a 1.2 litre also. This os one thing i am counting on with my insurance.
 cheers, michael.
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: Kaptainbalistik on March 10, 2006, 09:51:13 PM
Just but a rusty Gen 2 , transplant and do some rewiring (Ok alot!)

They are fairly good on petrol.

I have seen one with a Windsor 302 fitted (The Clevo is too wide) But thats going overboard.

How aboit a SD1 donk?

Alright, Ill shutup......
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: MikeLMR on March 10, 2006, 11:40:02 PM
I thought you had a 12a ready to go in ? they are quite hardy engines so if it was running when it was pulled it will most likely see you out till you can upgrade ?

if you must go for a piston engine keep it mazda, the 1800 mx5 lumps are fantastic engines, really revy, unburstable and make good power/torque.
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: ska on March 12, 2006, 04:30:14 PM
i think their main concern was fuel economy really, they also said they dont like carbs, but spose at the end of the day its gonna be my decision, they had suggested a vaux 2.0 16v redtop for a quick 150bhp and decent mpg but please feel free to offer more suggestions, ill go have a peek at the 1.8 mx5 one just now!
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: travellinbob on March 12, 2006, 05:54:09 PM
Tweeeeeeeeelllllllve Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. (12a) you know you want to. Otherwise an mx5 motor would be very cool. Lots of tuning potential too.
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: mullins on March 12, 2006, 06:56:14 PM
I\'ll buy an MX-5 if you buy the engine off me!
Title: hmmmm life or death decision....
Post by: ska on March 13, 2006, 01:30:06 AM
sounds tempting guys......