Author Topic: 13b Classic Mini  (Read 60 times)

Offline Maxbrown336

• Just joined!
    • Dorset
    • View Profile
13b Classic Mini
« on: October 16, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to rotaries and looking for some advice. So, in short, I want to 13b swap a classic mini and I want the iconic 'brap' that comes with a rotary. From what I have read already the best way to do this is with a bridge port. I was looking at getting an RX-8 as a daily while I build the mini and prep it and then use the engine in the 8. However, I've seen that many people recommend using the 13B-REW form the RX-7 over the Renesis from the 8. Is this true or the 8's engine still good?

I'm not chasing power really as the car will be stripped with just a cage so will be very light.

Thanks for any advice

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: 13b Classic Mini
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 08:19:33 PM »
First up  :welcome:

There have been quite a few Rotary Mini's around, a quick search will bring them up. 

As for Brap,  the Renesis  won't really Brap for you this is because of the location of the ports.
The Brap noise is the "banging" due to air being forced through the small slit made above the main port in the side plate.

You need litterally any pre Renesis 12A or 13B  to get your Brap going  :great:

All the best Clive

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 13b Classic Mini
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 07:38:45 AM »
Cool project

Well, it really depends what you want from it. As Clive said, Rennys wont brap easily. You need to do massive overlap to it. However, Rennys are really difficult to port hard, cause you will hit coolant ports. I know, I have destroyd several of them just to see how far I can go

That being said, easiest and cheepest way might be, that you get low power and high power engines. Port that LP and put HPs gearing and e shaft on that LP. Do custom made intake for it and put carb or throttlebody injection.

Theres lots of options. It really comes to what you want to do it. Depending on where you live, you might have possibility to get turbo engines with desent price

Lähetetty minun G8141 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1