Author Topic: 94 Silver Type-R FD  (Read 78 times)

Offline jeff_fohlen90

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Please ta meet ya'!
    • Deepcut, Surrey
    • View Profile
    • EyeforCreative Design Portfolio
94 Silver Type-R FD
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:32:02 PM »
UK Based Japanese Import FD3S for sale due to change of residence for work. Hi-Flow Twin Turbo on stock port engine rebuilt 4000 miles ago. Complete engine restoration using all new OEM seals and bearings, including brand new eccentric shaft, 10mm rolled steel engine studs, and lapped plates / resurfaced housings.

AEM water injection system in place, but needs new pump cover as one of the pipe fittings broke during rebuild. AEM smart inductive coils for excellent and consistent ignition. Cooling system overhauled to a V-Mount system with a new TGS filler neck that eliminates a need for an AST. Has a 3 inch stainless exhaust system de-cat from down pipe to cat back. Has had A/C, air pump, rear seat bench and radio removed, to accommodate V-Mount setup and rear seat battery relocation.

Has a unique LPG fuel system installed which allows seamless switching between normal petrol and gas. Separate ECUs running respective maps for the two systems. Nozzle feed for gas is located behind the rear license plate that can flip up for fill ups.

For more info, message me if interested. Advertised for £14,600 firm, reluctant sale for a solid car mechanically needing nothing.

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: 94 Silver Type-R FD
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 06:08:13 PM »
Sorry to see this car up for sale, but I wish you luck Jeff and know somone else will enjoy this car as much as you have.
All the best Clive

Offline jeff_fohlen90

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Please ta meet ya'!
    • Deepcut, Surrey
    • View Profile
    • EyeforCreative Design Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 07:27:47 PM »
Thanks Clive. The car is currently MOT'ed until the end of August. To say I am mourning the departure from the rotary world for the time being is an understatement, as the new place for the next chapter of life is scarcely any good for decent roads or car ownership! Anyone who has followed my project on this forum will know what plans I had for the car, and for my attention to detail but most of all just the sheer fun and thrills I have had in the FD. This is my first sports car and choosing rotary; despite its high maintenance and prodigious thirst helped me to appreciate the care and rigour of ownership but also realise how better a driver I became going rear wheel drive with not a lot of Millennial driver aids people all over take for granted! I love its nimbleness in the corners, superb steering feel and laugh out loud bark from the exhaust - this is a car that for me is personally a hero that lives up to its hype and I had no issues with its claimed foibles. If not for this circumstance, I was in no mood to let this go. Far from being a rotary itch, my days spent with this car along the finest Welsh roads and Surrey woodlands have been memorable and visceral to my sense of what a car can do; and how it bonds between driver and car.

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 10:15:42 PM »
Very nice car indeed! Glws

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi.  EX Track car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 12:51:53 AM »
Sorry to hear you are having to part with your FD Jeff. It's clear you really loved your car, so it must be hard, knowing the work and attention to detail you've given it whilst in your care  :icon_thumleft:

GLWTS  :)
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984