Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 363 times)

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
Sad News
« on: July 31, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »
This news has been posted on the rx7fb.com forum, but thought I should also post here too. The rotary community has recently lost not just one, but 2 amazing guys who were very active and enthusiastic 1st Gen owners.

It is with huge sadness that I have to report that David Nock (Codge) passed away on June 23rd following a long battle with cancer.

I have also recently learned that Cliff Court (CHC) passed away on July 19th, having been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on June 13th, he was aged just 64.

Both were former full members on the MRC and huge 1st Gen enthusiasts. They both tended to frequent the rx7fb.com forum in more recent times, but still posted on here occasionally. Both were always polite, welcoming and extremely helpful on both forums to other 1st Gen owners.

I never met either of these guys, but their passion for 1st Gen shone through in their posts.

DAVID NOCK
Although I never met Dave in person, I felt I knew him through his posts on this forum and some email exchanges we had back in 2011 when I was looking for my first FB. I have Dave to thank for kindly volunteering to take a look at the car I was considering purchasing, as it was located not too far from him and many miles from me in Yorkshire. Dave took Ellie along for the drive and spent some time looking at the car, kindly sending me some pictures and a very detailed report on its condition. Dave also said "my dear wife just sat in a camping chair in the sun and gave conversational support.....though we did both enjoy meeting John's wife." - John being the previous owner of the car who had sadly passed away, which was the reason for the car being up for sale.

Dave's report was enough to convince me to purchase KIMI 1 and I will always be grateful to Dave for taking the time to help out and allow me to purchase my first FB with confidence. It was clear from those emails, and Dave's posts on here that he had a deep passion for 1st Gen RX-7's. I think some of that passion must have rubbed off on me, having subsequently purchased two more 1st Gens!

Dave always struck me as a true gentleman - his unsolicited help to me and the manner of his posts on this forum bear that out. Dave also maintained the "1st Gen Register" of all known 1st Gens in the UK. Ian65 on the rx7fb.com forum has kindly committed to continuing that work. Ian had also recently purchased Dave's much loved 1st Gen "Gus" (K27 PLY - pic below) and I know he will continue to cherish the car as much as Dave did. Dave will be sadly missed by me and the rotary community.

Dave's epic (234 page!)"How Many 1st Gens Still Running" thread:
http://mazdarotaryclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=54589.0

CLIFF COURT
Cliff was a very active member on the 1st Gen area of the MRC (1439 posts from 2010-2016), with some amazing project threads for his succession of FIVE FB's. He started with a yellow S1 (VLE 990X),  then a white S2, "Jaz" (JAZ 5127), subsequently owned "Goldie" and one other, then finally, "Jaz(2)" (TOF 6Y). Jaz2 was an Elford Turbo purchased from the Patrick Motor collection in 2013 with just 4600 miles on the clock!

Cliff's restoration work on his 1st Gens, with photos and details of his work, has been of immense help to me, as has his advice to me via the forums over the past 8 years. His sudden loss is quite a shock, at just 64 years of age. Ian65 went to see Cliff after the diagnosis and Cliff said, "whatever you want to do, just do it.... whatever you want to buy, just buy it, where ever you want to go, just go there." Cliff was on the verge of retirement and had it all planned out and secure - so cruel to have that all snatched away from him and his family.

Here are some amazing (example) threads posted by Cliff on the MRC and rx7fb.com forums:
http://mazdarotaryclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=67460.0
http://www.rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4015

Both Dave and Cliff will be sadly missed by me and the rotary community, my sincerest condolences to the families they have left behind, RIP.
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
Re: Sad News
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »
Just seen this,  very sad, RIP guys.
Beautiful tribute Casey.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 03:16:51 PM »
Indeed, outstanding tribute from Casey.

RiP gents...

Codge helped me alot in FB site during our strugle with bros FB. Extremely helpfull and polite gent.

I remember Coldie. And I think I have seen that Elford turbo and had little chat with owner.

I think both gents are really missed in rotary comminity...

Lähetetty minun G8141 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 08:57:52 PM »
Malcolm,Lisa and myself  would not only like to send our condolences to the both the family's of Dave and Cliff, both of whom I had met over the years, but also thank you for the time and effort you have put in to portray wonderful tributes to both these ardent Rotary enthusiasts  :(   
All the best Clive

Offline rei99

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://sites.google.com/site/mazdarx7ita
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
I haven't been to the forum for a long time, because I don't have much time left, but when I saw the post on Facebook, I passed.
But in the past I remember well their posts and their support for the First Generation of Rx-7: we had also made a calendar, if I remember correctly many years ago, of which I have a copy at home.
I offer to their families and dear ones my most sincere condolences: they were passionate, serious and generous people (for what I could see from the forum) as they hardly meet in this world.
Those for whom knowledge and the possibility of helping other enthusiasts was the priority.
It is a great loss not only for the forum, but for all Rx-7 owners and not only.
"Per crucem ad lucem" and a great prayer for you.
Sorry for my bad English.
Davide from Italy.
My old Cars! (and She\'s from UK!) :Thumbs-up