Author Topic: Do I get one again?!  (Read 178 times)

Offline Pidge

• View Profile
    • http://www.britishroadrallying.com
Do I get one again?!
« on: April 08, 2019, 09:56:48 PM »
So my current 120D BMW has blown up (not just rotary's ey!)
Locally have found a RX8 PZ for sale...

Claims to have no Hot or Cold start issues, has the d585 ignition coil kit and has a MOT until January 2020, full Mazda service history up to 65,000 Miles and now on 82k. "no additives in the fuel and always kept the right amount of oil in it" but "serviced it every couple thousand miles, only a Sunday drive car kinda thing so it’s had an easy life" MOT history looks good with only minor things like tyres, a bulb and pads and disks in the past

Wondering weather to go for it or to stay away. Always unsure when it's not a rotor head. Hearts telling me yes, heads telling me no...

It's a Galaxy Grey, Reg HG56 NRK, don't know if anyone on here has owned it before? The current owners had it for 3 years.

I'm coming to terms that the FC may never get rebuilt as I don't have the cash, so wondering if this will relight my rotary flame as such! haha

What do you guys and gals think? Should I go for it? Recommendations for what to look for if I go and have a look?

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: Do I get one again?!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 10:36:48 PM »
What do you guys and gals think? Should I go for it? Recommendations for what to look for if I go and have a look?

I know whats being said, but make sure and get it hot, turn it off, leave for 5 minutes and make sure it goes again and you should be OK
All the best Clive

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
Re: Do I get one again?!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 03:56:50 PM »
You didnt say how much it was, and at 82k with no history of rebuild your buying at the bottom end of the market so you need tobe clued up...As Clive says get it good and hot shut off and leave for good 5 mins. Then go for a restart it should catch and run with 3 to 5 seconds...would be good idea to have a look what starter motor onit. The big 2kw 13 tooth starters will start a low comp car so worth looking under it for whats fitted...
Rust is another factor end of the cills are common....run the reg through the mot database and look at its historys and last mot fails and any advisorys. Same database you can run the recall enquiry too for any outstanding.
A PZ is a very nice car indeed and demand a premium over standard 231s. Check it over and take for a drive. Its gonna be a gamble at 82k but if she starts hot then go for it based on everytjing else listed here....if it dont start hot walk away....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.