Welp.....amongst all the s**t at work...... god if I hear my name called one more time !!!!
anyway... breathe....im still working on the jam jar.
Had a small break from GRP and started making some wheel arch liners out of ali.
The originals were pre galv steel with a rubber trim around the outside. They are positioned in the front and rear wheel wells to cover up the steel sill members and to gain access by sliding them out the GRP sills into the wheel wells.
I kept the axle line centre on the back the same as the lotus set up. So now im running RX8 wheels there is little clearance.
Thankfully the rear wheels dont steer and if I set them with a bit of toe in ill get more clearance, Currently with 1/2"...... if I go off in the kitty litter i may get some debris stuck lol
Finished off the undertray too, covered up the fuel filter etc, stop all the crap off the wheels getting near them and some air deflectors to direct any air from around the tyre into the right directons.
On to the business end before we drop the car back on the floor. Its been on ramps since I started making the expanded foam wings many many months aso.
Bought some ducted backing plates from some nice guy on here. Gonna utilise the spent air from the oil coolers and help protect the back end of the coolers from getting debris flung at them.
I have a theory that because the stock oil coolers have a rubber shroud around them, the ambient temp isnt high enough to "warm" the discs from the spent air and the discs will be a higher temp......
It works in my head, if not in real life ill just disconnect the hose lol
So its back on the GRP and mocking it up in mud and junk...... I swear my heart pumps resin around my body.....
Anyway, done for one day, Im off to hopefully by another rotary !