Author Topic: Japi's FC T2 Convertible  (Read 34849 times)

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Japi's FC T2 Convertible
« Reply #750 on: September 09, 2020, 07:10:05 AM »
What a nightmare Jarno! A pig of a job to check/change the pins, and with no absolute certainty it's the cause either - although it sounds a good call.

I feel for you my friend  :(
That is true. Funny thing is that, those pins that my friend ordered and we used, are made in US. And they are shit. Aussie made pins are fine, as we found out. But how ridicilous is that same pins, that should be same and same measurements cause code is the same, are different

Lähetetty minun G8141 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 09, 2020, 07:14:44 AM »
I had the use of two m6000 ECU's made six months apart the map that we had it running on wouldn't start on the older one which I sent back to Australia so they could charge me to repair it, they built a base map to get me started, which still took me an age to get it running. And it still wouldn't run on the first map that we had it running using my friends ecu. And I still haven't had it to the tuner but that's my fault. They do look to be a clever piece of kit when you get them working. And I know you will beat it.
Well, even tho Adaptronic should be good ecu, weird thing is that here we have three rotarys with Adaptronic and all of them have massive problems. Two of those ecus have been back to Aussie cause of those problems. Mine hasnt yet...

Even tho these pins would explain some of those problems I have, it doesent explain all of them. So we have good reason to believe that this ecu is still faulty.

Yeah, they are good ecus. And I do not recret that I got this one. However, cause Halteck purchased Adaptronic, I thing their customer service took a hit abit. I have had good experienses with them tho, cant complain...

Well, I have to keep fighting with my Christine

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 07:17:48 AM by re japi »
Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 09, 2020, 07:18:40 AM »
Picture of a castle to cheer you up and give you inspiration Jarno  :)

Picture taken today of Deal castle in Kent, built by Henry VIII in 1540.
Haha, thanks mate

And yes, that Castle is on my to go to list too

Offline lennycarloff

• Contributor
    • Wakefield
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 10, 2020, 05:15:12 PM »
I think your right that when haltec took them over they forgot about there customers and released the ECU's that wasn't ready. And on a side note you have to get yourselves to rotorstock again.

Offline lennycarloff

• Contributor
    • Wakefield
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 20, 2020, 05:45:48 PM »
How you getting on, have you sorted out your problems, I think that you are right about the pins on the ECU, as I was suffering last week, I loosened six inches of harness as it entered the ECU. So thanks for the idea I might have been looking for the problem for a long time.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 21, 2020, 06:36:07 AM »
How you getting on, have you sorted out your problems, I think that you are right about the pins on the ECU, as I was suffering last week, I loosened six inches of harness as it entered the ECU. So thanks for the idea I might have been looking for the problem for a long time.
No, not yet mate. Just dont have time at the moment...

Yeah, my mates were really confused when they found that problem. They basically found that out by sheer luck. I immidiately thought that I should warn you all about that

And this weekend they found out that RX-8 has same problem. Its not that bad that FC s and FDs have, but I strongly advice anyone with RX-8 and Adaptronic to check that out too