Author Topic: Japi's FC T2 Convertible  (Read 19484 times)

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Japi's FC T2 Convertible
« Reply #465 on: June 28, 2019, 03:40:01 PM »

Jarno,

Lets try and help to get you up n running.

For your vacuum lines,  now you are proper single Turbo you really only need a vac line to the FPR and a 10mm feed to the servo.

For inter-cooler V mount is best, for 2 reasons, 1, each "radiator" gets its own clean flow of air and 2 the pipes going onto the inter-cooler will be shorter which helps turbo lag.

For the water rad you can lay it down at 15 to 20 degrees and it will work OK.

Make sure to fit an undertray with a few 50 mm holes underneath the rad. 

Back to tuning, forget water meth unless you want crazy boost as this is just more headaches for you, plus its worth knowing I dont even bother with this on the race car.

As for boost and power, just get the thing running and mapped to 0.9 or 1 bar of boost first, bigger power can come later.

To give you an idea, with the race car with the engine that's in the car, we started at 380bhp then as things got sorted, worked our way to 470bhp  :)       

Thank you sir for help. Much appreciated

All turbo and fpr lines are almost done. Just needs to be placed. Engines hoses gives me hard time tho

For v mount, im not sure do I have enough room for cooler. Turbos position make that area very narrow. And it doesent have piping and and aircone on it yet...

Choosing radiator is difficult too. Hopefully I can figure out that soon. I reckon I will get Koyo aftermarket rad for stock position. And big fan too..

Ill be getting one cooler from brother so I can do some measurements...

I will be putting some aluminium sheets to force air into cooling, no matter which system I choose to do

As for tuning, my engines brake inn will be really carefull. As for final tune, it depends engines charasteristics basically. Dont want to "force" it to make power if she dont want to. Its a cruiser afterall

Lähetetty minun G8141 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 28, 2019, 05:32:31 PM »
Started with 380 and now got 470???

Damn, thats lot! Cause our turbos are basically same. In theory, I would have to push boost above 1,3bar to get that power... And you are running 1,3 bar too?

And yours is street ported right? I have basic BridgePort. I think I have bigger exhaust ports tho...

Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #467 on: June 28, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »

Damn, thats lot! Cause our turbos are basically same. In theory, I would have to push boost above 1,3bar to get that power... And you are running 1,3 bar too?

And yours is street ported right? I have basic BridgePort. I think I have bigger exhaust ports tho...

Yep, No Brap Street Port,  Huge primary's though  ;)   470 BHP @ 1 Bar, the last Dyno sheet is in my race car thread.

I have some sort of boost / misfire so once the cars up n running again its going on the Dyno again and hopefully I will come away this time the wrong side of 500  ;)
All the best Clive

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 28, 2019, 08:10:01 PM »

Yep, No Brap Street Port,  Huge primary's though  ;)   470 BHP @ 1 Bar, the last Dyno sheet is in my race car thread.

I have some sort of boost / misfire so once the cars up n running again its going on the Dyno again and hopefully I will come away this time the wrong side of 500  ;)

Huge primarys? Umm, why? Mid range grunt? 

My secondarys are basic BP, only eyebrow is a bit wider. But port it self is basic stuff, from Pineapple template. Secondary is quite big too, but closing side is moved later. Hoped to smoot out transition from primary to secondary, even overlap might be bigger...

1 bar??? 470 @ 1bar is a lot from any streetport! Does your turbo still make power in higher revs or does it drop? Cause it means that your turbo is some weird hybrid

Mine is hybrid but its on its limits in 530 range. So I have no reason to rev my engine because of my turbo I reckon it would be able to make around 550 range at really high revs and like 1,6 bar boost tho, but thats really pushing that turbo too far, not to mention engine...

What coils you have? Friends here have notised that only good coils, that dont cost massive amount, is IGN1A that basiacally is same as AEM coils...

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 28, 2019, 08:11:44 PM »
Good street port can do same as BP, but its much more difficult to do and measure in to correct position. Initialy I wanted to do that too, but then desided to do BP, didnt trust my self

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 01, 2019, 01:38:19 PM »
When in Spain.....Jarno

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 02, 2019, 07:37:33 AM »
Empty cans  :))

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 06, 2019, 03:40:58 AM »
Well, its Sevens day. Starting my camper and heading my way up to Jyväskylä to our meet. Its going to be epic even tho some Sevens are missing, including my own...  :(

Keep posted, Ill be putting some pics  :great:

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 06, 2019, 08:02:38 AM »
Have a great time Jarno. I foresee many more empty cans  ;)
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 16, 2019, 05:42:01 PM »
Still waiting some parts to arrive...

All stock wiring is on. Some new hoses are in. Still much to do...

Finally got rid off stock exhaust. Was abit strugle. Started to do new exhaust. Downpipe is really close to intake. But then it clears nicely and I can use stock heat shields. Down pipes is lined up that I can put that big muffler to cats position.

Then I plan to cross it over to right side. I still have to figure out where to fit one extra muffler, cause two isnt enough I reckon. One big one goes to rear. And no, im not doing dual exhaust...

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 23, 2019, 08:01:15 PM »
All stock wires are on place. Damn what a job was that. Cutted some unnecessary stuff off.

First part of exhaust is on too, down pipe. Goes reallt close to intake. But I dont modify it now. Have to figure out some shield to it

Offline Jamie R

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Getting older, fatter, wiser!
    • Worcestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 23, 2019, 09:50:26 PM »
Looking good jarno, another step forward  :icon_thumleft:
Its just Rotors and GRP

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2019, 07:06:05 PM »
Nest exhaust wrap mate...i got in right mess doing mine and cut myself to pieces on st/st cable ties.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 03, 2019, 03:39:24 PM »
Strugling to have motivation and parts...

Finally got Koyo rad and installed it. It has 16" fan now too. For long time I wondered if I would go with two little fans. But size of that rad forsed me to use one. Using two fans, I would have to made frame for them, both abit side ways, like v, to get them fit.

I have no room. Ill have to figure out where to dirrect that screamer pipe from wastegate out. Only optio is down, between frame and radiator. And still I have to hammer that pipe flat to fit...

I really dont want to cut anything. Even little modifying from inside of bumper gives me no no feeling...

Biggest problem is cooler and piping for and from it. I have no room. I have two options: try small one to fit in front of radiator. Problem in this is piping. I have no idea where to get those pipings in front. Second option is to get bigger cooler to some how fit under radiator, almost flat position. Problem here is, I dont know if there is enough room for it. It would act like "hit shield"  tho. (dunno english name for it, but that armor plate that protects engine from underneath))

One thing is for sure tho, I have to put battery in to boot...

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 07:03:26 AM by re japi »

Offline Jamie R

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Getting older, fatter, wiser!
    • Worcestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 03, 2019, 03:42:13 PM »
Look good tho Jarno !!

I think the item your referring to may be called a sump guard, they use it in rallying to stop the ssump crashing into rocks when the suspension bottoms out
Its just Rotors and GRP