Author Topic: Japi's FC T2 Convertible  (Read 2047 times)

Offline RE5

• MRC Full Club Member
    • English Riviera
    • View Profile
Re: Japi's FC T2 Convertible
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2018, 02:44:09 PM »
Do you really need more power? I dunno..fix the issue and enjoy as is? Youll end up issue after issue and a moneypit buddy?

I agree 100%!   Start changing anything to do with the electronics/engine & you will be chasing problems until the next millennium...............fix the issue & enjoy.   Once you start extracting more power there goes your money & reliability........the problem you have I believe is a minor one.
   I spent a long time tracing my faulty TPS , but now sorted I am more than happy with the performance, eagerness to accelerate & over all driving pleasure including the smile it puts on my face.
Current: RX7s   FB S3 & FC S5 Vert

Previously owned:  2 x NSU Ro 80 - 2 x RX7 FB S2 - Suzuki RE5 -Norton Commander - DKW W2000

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2018, 03:47:33 PM »
I really dont know. Part of me wants more power, other part wants to keep her stock...

But fact is, lots of stuff has to be done sooner or later. Turbo might be gone, all those old electrics and tubes are soon gone, engine needs rebuild at some point...

Reason for my lust for power comes from 4 cars that we have here. All of them have same or similar basic consept and components. All of them has proven to be quite reliable. And all of them makes good power, from 430 to +500 range...
My plan is to keep things quite simple and just copy all those stuff that guys have proven to work...

But I do know what you mean. I know you are right, thats for sure. But would be awesome to have woopass for V8s amount of power

Lähetetty minun E2303 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline kev-yorks

• Chairman / MRC Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2018, 07:37:09 PM »
Jarno the lust for power is a cliff edge rather than slippery slope once you head down it however I appreciate the urge and reasoning for upgrades and you won't get any decent from me.

RE your question about plug and play ECU's if your going to make the jump don't cut corners it'll only come back to bite you. The engine loom is over 25 yrs old and gone through countless heat and vibration cycles and could possibly be the root cause of your current issues. If your going to replace the ECU then do the same with the loom. There are pre-made looms available for the adaptronic ecu's if you go that route and if not all the connectors are available to make your own loom up from a universal harness. If your methodical it's not actually that hard as all the universal harnesses I've seen are well colour coded and labelled, crimping on the connectors is a doddle so long as you get proper ratchet crimping pliers for uninsulated terminals.
Regards Kevin

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2018, 06:38:34 AM »
Exactly Kev. But one reason for me to want more power is actually your fault, and your amazing FC

I have been thinking that too. Although every tube, hose and wiring seems to be quite ok in this car, one can never be sure.

As I said, at this point Im just planning and figuring out my options. If I choose to go for power,  I dont go for "full throttle kills me", I would be happy to get around 420 range...

Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

Offline KevlarRx7

• Just joined!
    • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2018, 04:27:03 PM »
I went plug n play (adaptronic) on my T2 FC, don't regret it, simple install no problem, and replacement harness's are available for the price of custom ones, saves hacking wiring together for sensors ect. Horses for courses really.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2018, 06:45:52 AM »
I would love to get Adaptronic, Halteck, Motec or something like that. But they do cost alot. However, if engine blews up because bad ecu, thats no cheap either...  :(

Kev, whats your opinion: should I get FDs upper intake or is FCs good enough? If I choose to stay with FCs, I will port it...
Also, do you FC stuff for sale?

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »
Last sunday I went to Miata clubs trackday at my home track Ahvenisto.  Went few laps just for fun. You know, I was really surpriced how that old Convertible handles!

But one weird thing happened. Usually, oil pressure is just under 4bar, now it went just over 4. I wasnt that hard on her... Thoughts?

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2018, 07:14:10 AM »
This years last cruises maybe. Just cruising around with my daughter,  burning fuel, getting that little turbo red hot. I do love this car, dont want to put her in to winter storage yet. She is a dirt old girl But damn she is fun to drive

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:14:03 AM by re japi »

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2018, 10:51:53 AM »
Bugger...

First front housing and trailing plug, then rear...

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »
So thats the reason theguy sold then...
Just a number..if starts fine hot who cares.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »
I dont think he knew that comp was this low. Actually he is selling his FDn now too. He needs money, starting a company...

Was surprice to me too. I thought that it would been in high 80s. Car starts and runs fine tho

Anyhow, when I purchased it, I knew that this has to be done sooner or later. In the end, its frikin old rotary, with 95000 km on the clock.

Well, I have allready started to buy parts. Almost every important component is arrived, on the way, and rest of them, I know what I want. Just few parts are questionmarks at this point.  Also, I dont know yet what porting its going to be...

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2018, 09:28:32 AM »
Some stuff is allready here. Damn, good parts are expensive. But Im not going to be cheapass with critical components. Here is about 1000€ worth of stuff...

-Turbosmart Boost Tee
-Turbosmart FPR 800 fuel pressure regulator
-Turbosmart Vee Port Pro blow off valve
- 2 x Bosch EV14 957cc injectors
- 2 x Bosch EV14 1300cc injectors
- 2 x Finjector 034 coils (same as AEM without sticker)