Author Topic: New to this  (Read 497 times)

Offline mercomms

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Just joined!
    • Manchester
    • View Profile
New to this
« on: June 15, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »
Hi everyone.
I served my time on Mazda`s many years ago and in approx. 1990 treated myself to a 1981 model FB. This eventually had to go due to various reasons, but, I swore I`d have another one day and last year, approx 25years later, I bought a 1983 FB as a restoration project, with no time scale attached to it. Then about 3 weeks ago I bought a 1984 FB (yes I know I must be mad) again as a restoration job. Both cars need major work, most of which I`m capable of doing myself, (its all coming back to me) but this in turn will require sourcing quite a lot of parts, many of which I`m already struggling to find, so I`m hoping to pick everyones brains as to where to find stuff, wether it be new or second hand. As a side note I can`t believe how expensive the things I have managed to find are these days, but, I suppose that's a sign of the times, oh the joys ha ha.
Anyway, once again, hi everyone
Dave

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 10:06:02 PM »
Welcome, i too have just taken on an FB project, ive never driven 1 either ha ha.
Feel free to get a resto/ build thread up in the FB section.
Parts new and used are about.
Tim from RX motors has lots of spares.
Clive at MazdaRotaryParts for genuine parts.
And Rockauto in US for pattern parts.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Online clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 09:49:38 AM »
Hi Dave and  :welcome: to Mazdarotaryclub and thank you for supporting the club by becoming a full club member straightway  :great:

Yes prices are probably a lot more than years ago but then the prices of these cars that are becoming rarer and rarer are also increasing now  :)

Good luck with your project   
All the best Clive

Offline mercomms

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Just joined!
    • Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 01:08:06 PM »
Hi Boosted, boy are you going to have fun when you get your project on the road. I certainly can`t wait to get one of mine finished, but at the same time I`m not gonna rush it because I want it right. Thanks for the tips on who may be able to help me out with parts, no doubt I`ll be in touch with them in due course  :)) :)).

Clive, hi there. It only seemed right to become a full member considering the help and advice I`ll be asking for in the future ha haa.