Author Topic: I'm wayne From RX8 OC - Hi  (Read 3203 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: I'm wayne From RX8 OC - Hi
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2020, 05:54:42 PM »
So is the map now sorted ??.
All the best Clive

Offline Mr Spiller

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
  • Just joined!
    • View Profile
I'm wayne From RX8 OC - Hi
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2020, 06:20:08 PM »
Not on that one Clive it hasn’t moved . Attention quickly shifted to the other one which I bought . It had everything but the way it was fitted  , had it been involved in an accident it could have been fatal .
So we got to work , stripping everything back, pipes , hoses and new Hose  clips ,  tightening bits pretty much everywhere and putting back together . This took a while we had a full cage , new seat mounts and much more to fit . It started straight away and sounded amazing  PIp Gardner was at a temporary home but he fitted us in .
What a nice guy , mapped it conservatively at 280 fhp snows happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 09:08:00 PM »
Over the last 20 odd years Pip has become a mate and he knows I make no secret that with the map he has built over a period of time, he is responsable for a lot of the race cars success. Started out with 380 and ened up with 520 on the same engine :great:,

I say all this because I was going to recomend him, but you have found him already. ;)

All the best Clive

Offline Mr Spiller

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
  • Just joined!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2020, 11:05:56 AM »
So , took it for a blast at pembrey a while back . The drive was totally different to standard car much more pull through all the gears . One problem , the brakes were awful , pretty much none existent after about 8 laps . Not sure if the car has had dot 5 silicone stuff fluid in it before , not sure if there is a way of checking either ?????
Would anyone on here know ???
. There was blue fluid in it and not sure what it was . We bled them loads , no air bubbles just a clean run through .
Not to lose the day I persevered , doing 6or 7 laps and coming in for a cool down  . It was entertaining throwing it in to a tight low speed corner a bit too fast and having the power to slide out of them . So had a bit of fun .
If you have a look at  rear wheels  and follow the black lines back you can see it’s on full power slide there I loved it .
The downside was that with the Greddy kit being around 10 mm from the tunnel and pretty much where your left foot sits . It got rather hot , well very hot .
I had envisaged this so I had previously bought two plumbers heat  maps , doubled them up and shaped an alu plate over them which was riveted in place . No good , it still melted my trainer by lunch time

After lunch , I started the car and it sounded a bit blowy , further Investigation showed two of the manifold studs were loose . That must have been the only component I never checked on the whole car .  So loaded it up and home we went

. So in short , the Greddy turbo kit is a cracking bit of kit which if cooled correctly works great for a road going car .
However after 15 mins of half quick driving and melting my shoe I don’t think it’s up for the full on track day abuse it would be receiving from me ..... damn shame but hey ho I’ve learned a lot .
So it’ll be going up for sale soon ......
will keep one for my PZ and move the other one on .
I have been thinking about a Lexus V8 conversion but after a lot of reading it completely messes up the balance of the car being so front heavy . Ideal for drifting but not track days .
After  months of reading clive’s race car project I think that’s the safest and best option
Next step REW conversion , This won’t be rushed , with many 2nd hand bits being used .I’m lucky that i have my standard engine track car I can still use whilst I start sourcing bits .......
just need a new best friend
called Clive for advice lol

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2020, 11:11:36 AM »
Best bit of advice i can give is to copy what Clive has done and drill a hole and fit a hose tail in engine front cover plate for catch tank return and a sump baffle...big boy now!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Mr Spiller

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
  • Just joined!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2020, 09:08:35 PM »
Best bit of advice i can give is to copy what Clive has done and drill a hole and fit a hose tail in engine front cover plate for catch tank return and a sump baffle...big boy now!!

Cheers Jon
Would you know which thread page that’s on ?

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2020, 12:15:21 PM »
Bout half way ish...lol.

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car