So a resurrection I suppose . The actuator was sent to Essex as there was a man there who could get an identical one built for me . This took and absolute age . After waiting for at least three months , it broke me . I was Weighing up times , testing runs Etc and I wouldn’t have seen a track day that year ( last year ) . So out it came , started Sunday and I had my old engine back in and running by Thursday evening , just evenings , working with a help from friends . It started first turn of the key . The relief was unexplainable , I handn t realise how much pressure / stress id been putting myself under with the constant unanswered phone calls, e mails and text . A huge relief . From that point i managed 2 visits to donington park , 2 to castle Combe a few in pembrey one in rockigham and SPA .. the car was , as always faultless .
In the meantime Ray ( Harrizone) worked wonders , knowing that he frequents Essex . I asked him could he just collect my old
Actuator and post it back to me . I had a phone call the following day with a new actuator on my doorstop within 3 days .
Having had so much fun in my car in the second half of the year . Priorities changed slightly . A new plan , buy an old dog with a naffed engine , fit the turbo engine into that , get it running right and then swap over . I
Picked up an evolve , £300 with a naffed engine, job done . It was rough around the edges , particularly the rattle canned wing but solid where it mattered . The winter project begun
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk