In my honest opinion it’s a touch too much for a Type R Bathurst. I, like you, would expect a Bathurst R for that money. Bits I can see from the photo that you want to pay attention to/ask about:
1. Intercooler hose (s shaped one) isn’t correct for the year. The one that is fitted is from a 92-95 car. Ask why. If you get told that the old one was split then you’re probably being lied to. I’ve not seen a 96-02 kne split as it’s plastic.
2. Panel gaps on the front end don’t look that great. Check them carefully and look for any signs of damage. Sometimes this isn’t easy to spot in RX7s.
3. Missing button on the Heater control panel
4. Random wiring in engine bay
Hey, so I ordered the vechile inspection report from Japan and it has a couple of interesting things on it:
1. Gear knob standard non carbon (I wonder why this is been added in the uk (perhaps to make it look like the Bathurst R?)
2. Front splitter looks a little rough, maybe they replaced it in the uk?
3. Heater button is present, so this must have been damaged in shipping.
4. The device on the side of the centre console...could that be a previous boost controller?
5. What is that piece of metal to the left the glove box?
The overall report is good, no reports of damage or theft, and the mileage adds up too.
They paid the equivelent of £8500 for it, and are selling it for £19,990...
I'll attach some pics from the auction. I wish they were a little clearer though