Linked Events

• Mazda UK 7/7 Day to Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the la: July 07, 2018

Author Topic: Mazda UK 7/7 Rotary Day - **REGISTRATION CLOSING 12 JUNE**  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Kevint

• Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Mazda UK 7/7 Rotary Day - **REGISTRATION CLOSING 12 JUNE**
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2018, 09:57:18 PM »
Hi Lisa,

Great day, thanks to all.

Due to needing a new battery this morning we arrived too late for voting, had my FD for 18 years now.

Kevin

Offline Lisa

• MRC Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2018, 08:32:11 AM »
Thank you to you both for coming along to thge Mazda day yesterday.  I have update the list on the previous post regarding longest Rotary ownership  :great:
REgards

Offline KenD

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • Pembrokeshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2018, 12:41:20 PM »
Hi Lisa, Clive and Malcolm

Just want to pass our thanks to you all for organising such an excellent day in conjunction with Mazda UK.  Having been a member for some years now it was good to finally put faces to names.   And what an excellent and varied collection of rotaries!

And Clive.  Yes I know exactly what you mean about the driving position.   The journey Friday evening was warm enough, but the Saturday afternoon return to Wales can only be be described as a scorcher.  The car fared far better than Sue and I!  It didn't need any water (unlike us) and just a single stop for petrol and the usual oil top up.  I could have done with a pair of gloves to hold the steering wheel and change gear though!

Congrats to Lynne, Tanya and Mark - all worthy winners  :sign0098:.  Mine was just one of endurance!

Ken (and Sue)

Offline A7RXY

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2018, 04:32:33 PM »
Hi Lisa, Clive and Malcolm
 Thanks for a great day yesterday and please send my thanks to Mazda. A very well organised and much enjoyed day I'm sure enjoyed by one and all.
  I felt sorry for you Malcolm not being able to make it but I'm sure you enjoyed your birthday.
      David Ball

Offline Lisa

• MRC Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »
Thank you David & Ken for your feedback to the Mazda day and pleased that you both enjoyed the event.

Sorry for the delay in pictures still waiting for these from Mazda UK, but hopefully we will have these later today.  In the meantime there are some up on our Facebook Page  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217000180695381&set=pcb.10217000230976638&type=3&theater
REgards

Offline sabah

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2018, 03:01:08 PM »
Many thanks for a great day. This is the first mazda event we have been to!  it was great to meet other owners and, of course, to receive the prize.. we were exhausted after a long eventful drive home, but the rx7 behaved beautifully.
Tanya 

Offline KenD

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • Pembrokeshire
    • View Profile

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »
Ken, your a life saver as we really did not have any pictures of the event as sadly two of the people who I know would have taken excellent pictures couldn't make it  :(

Ken is there any way of uploading the pictures so people (including myself) can save them please. 
All the best Clive

Offline KenD

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • Pembrokeshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2018, 12:15:39 PM »
Ken is there any way of uploading the pictures so people (including myself) can save them please.
Hi Clive.  The photo's can be downloaded by selecting the photo to save and then selecting the "download this photo" icon at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
I can upload to to the forum if that's easier for everyone but obviously there's quite a lot of them.  Let me know.

Offline LynneE

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Just joined!
    • Mid Glamorgan, S.Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2018, 11:54:35 AM »
Apologies for my late contribution - it's been a busy couple of weeks for me since 7/7!......
This was a great day and huge thanks to all involved on the organisational front - Mazda UK, Clive, Lisa, and everyone.  :sign0098:

This was my first event for many, many years and I was a little apprehensive about attending on my own!.... It was a pleasure to meet so many interesting and friendly owners and enthusiasts - and my car's award of "Rotary Car of the Day" was the most unexpected icing on the cake!!   :13:   :D

Unfortunately, I may not be able to make the Beaulieu event.
After getting me safely home after the 500 mile round trip, the car went into Mazda Cardiff for its MOT/service last Monday. Whilst the engine was idling for the emissions test, one of the auxiliary belts failed - I'm just glad that didn't happen in stationary traffic on the M25 the weekend before!!
So, now it's a matter of keeping my fingers crossed that the new belts arrive from Japan in time.

Hoping very much to seeing some of you again on 29th!.....   
Best wishes,
Lynne