Author Topic: Returning Rotor Head  (Read 346 times)

Offline RiceRacerUK

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Returning Rotor Head
« on: December 03, 2017, 09:15:45 AM »
Im Matt a returning rotary fan from the North Yorkshire of England

After regretting the sale of my previous FD and FC's around 7 ish years back I have been lurking and wanting to get back into a rotary car again.

This summer I came across a 1986 FC that had been dry stored for 10 years resistance was futile so I bought it. (build thread to follow). More recently I sold my S2000 and that allowed me to put a deposit down on what will be my 3rd black FD (lets hope I have more luck with this one)

Anyways that's enough rambling from me. I have just renewed my full family membership so hopefully I'll be meeting some fellow rotary fans over the coming months.

No doubt ill be seeking and sharing advice over the coming years as unless circumstances dictate otherwise I have no intentions of ever selling my RX-7's again.

Matt

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: Returning Rotor Head
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 09:54:00 AM »
Excellent news, so many times I see the Rotary bug reemerge because there's just something about a Rotary :great:

Looking  forward to see what you are going to resurrect  :icon_thumleft:
All the best Clive

Offline RiceRacerUK

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »
Thanks Clive I've never lost the bug its just I couldn't afford rotary ownership while I was building other projects and buying a house etc.

My rotary tattoo is a testament the fact I've been a rotary addict since the first time I got in one. I've never stayed away from forum lurking for long and still have a collection of rare bits garage.

I promised myself that I would do things right when I came back to the rotary word. For me that means having them as cherished cars that are used in the summer months due to the salt, along with secure indoor storage so if they do ever need to be laid up while awaiting funds for whatever they can be.

Also I have researched as much info on rotary's as I can absorb. I now have a small library's worth of Books on Wankel engines, rotary tuning,rotary cars history and RX-7's. I also firmly believe if you cant do it right don't do it at all. So if I have to wait to save up or hone a skill to carry out work or mods I will, rather than half arse or try and do something on the cheap.   

I am now fortunate enough to be in a position where I feel can do those things ,besides if I didn't get another FD soon I probably couldn't the way the prices are heading.

Anyways I'm rambling again so I'll stop myself.

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 03:31:28 PM »
Ramble all you like about Rotarys  :s_cool:
All the best Clive

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 2
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 09:39:14 PM »
A very warm welcome  back! Great to read your back story and future plans. Looking forward to hearing more  :13:
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active