Author Topic: hello every one  (Read 1231 times)

Offline KenD

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • Pembrokeshire
    • View Profile
Re: hello every one
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 10:08:14 AM »
Glad all seems to be in working order  :great:

Between this forum, the Haynes manual and other online sources you'll find just about everything you'll need.  So far I have yet to come across a problem that hasn't been reported somewhere! 

As has been said its weird that someone would take the lip - there are not many of these cars left, so there's only a very limited market for their parts - unless it can fit another car?  As boosted said, I'd do some snooping around locally.....

Spongy brakes - yeah probably air but check the lines/master cylinder etc.  Probably old fluid too which will need changing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:23:12 AM by KenD »

Offline tiredhero

• Just joined!
    • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 06:36:01 PM »
Glad all seems to be in working order  :great:

Between this forum, the Haynes manual and other online sources you'll find just about everything you'll need.  So far I have yet to come across a problem that hasn't been reported somewhere! 

As has been said its weird that someone would take the lip - there are not many of these cars left, so there's only a very limited market for their parts - unless it can fit another car?  As boosted said, I'd do some snooping around locally.....

Spongy brakes - yeah probably air but check the lines/master cylinder etc.  Probably old fluid too which will need changing.

i have this sat and sunday off have a medical on monday but i am hoping to get ... weather permitted... most jobs done but i also have a bmw tourer to deal with and bmw coupe  :sign0085: ha ha

i really dont understand why any one would steal it unless they either live further away and know how much they are worth or some idiot is going to stick on their car and think i wont realise... i live in the middle of know where so things like this never really happen.. i mean it could be jealousy

my tyres have been let down before and had a nail in a tyre thats why i put cctv up but other than that its a very nice place just some times people rent the houses around here out to idiots...

i might end up doing all the brakelines new i have alot spare from my  bmw coupe build...  :dontknow: i guess we will see i dont really want to buy a replica lip or something but to get it how i wanted it i might end up doing that... we will see i guess :)

also would like to say to every one trying to read this i am sorry i do suffer from dyslexia so forgive me for missing words out and spelling wrong  :occasion14:

Offline tiredhero

• Just joined!
    • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 04:44:03 AM »
well i bought another 2  :13:

Offline KenD

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • Pembrokeshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 11:41:23 AM »
Blimey you don't do things by halves do you!  But good for you.  What are your plans form them?  Any pics?
Incidentally did you sort out the missing lip on the 88 one?
My 88 has just gone in for it's MOT...seat belt anchorages were an advisory last time, so I'm guessing a little welding will be needed this time around!

Offline tiredhero

• Just joined!
    • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 02:54:22 AM »
Blimey you don't do things by halves do you!  But good for you.  What are your plans form them?  Any pics?
Incidentally did you sort out the missing lip on the 88 one?
My 88 has just gone in for it's MOT...seat belt anchorages were an advisory last time, so I'm guessing a little welding will be needed this time around!

front lip is long gone :(
yea i love to punish my self, fixing up a house while building cars  :-\ so my red one is pretty original so im going to try keep it that way... i have a blue s5 im either going to use for parts or fix it up bit by bit, then a silver s4 with a rollcage thats going to be my fun toy/project car.. i bought an extra engine to try a street port and also make fibreglass parts...i dont get bored  :great: only things im missing i think is two balljoints and a 54mm socket... then im pretty good(i think)

Offline KenD

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • Pembrokeshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 02:35:02 PM »
Sounds like you're cornering the market!  Keep getting tempted myself but I know I don't really have the time to devote to a 2nd FC - unless it's already in good working order.  A spares car is probably a good idea - although it's one less RX on the road at least it will support two others and providing it has useful parts then its worth the expense.   Sadly I can't assist on the balljoints.  Should you decide to offload some parts then post them on the forum - I'm usually on the lookout for something - current requirement is to replace all the sections of the front air dam skirt (so if you are modifying your silver one perhaps with a new nose cone....!).  Anyway good luck with your plans and keep us posted :great: