Author Topic: Don't suppose there is an RX3 floating around anywhere not wanted?  (Read 829 times)

Offline squeezyphil

• Worthing, West Sussex
    • View Profile
So,  since buying an RX8 3 months ago and realising how awesome the rotary engine is,  I have kinda fallen for the rotary and want nothing else...  I have always liked old cars and have known about the rx3 for sometime but never seriously thought about it.  But now,  I'm on a mission to find myself an RX3 that I can restore myself. I spend most of my time tinkering with cars and motorbikes and have always wanted a restoration project so figured where better to start than with an RX3.
Basically what I am trying to ask is,  does anyone have or know of anyone that has an RX3 that  they would be willing to sell? Could be hidden up the back of a shed somewhere or sat on a drive where nothing is being done to it. Just thought perhaps an ask on the forum might bring something to surface? I would also consider shipping to the UK from abroad.  I realise this is being a bit optimistic as there are not many floating around but it's worth a try.
Please could you PM me if you have anything..  Greatly appreciated..  Cheers,  Phil 
Drive an RX8,  searching far and wide for an RX3..  Anyone got one?

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: Don't suppose there is an RX3 floating around anywhere not wanted?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:54:44 AM »
Welcome to MRC Phil, :welcome:

Not sure if you know but older Rotarys now command a lot of money, a quick search brings this car up,

Where's that lottery ticket  ;)

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C786414

All the best Clive

Offline squeezyphil

• Worthing, West Sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 08:25:12 AM »
Thanks for the link,  but I would definately have to aim for a bit cheaper than that..  I will update ideally be looking for one in not quite as nice condition,  probably needing a lot of work.  Thanks again  :13:

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 04:24:28 AM »
Well, I have been thinking to get my hands on older RX too... My opinion is that, If some one here wants older rotary, only option is to buy and ship it from US. There prices are quite reasonable still, for project conditioned cars. Ofcourse there are possibility to get these cars from AUS or New Z, but I think shipping would be quite expensive and prices are coming up...

Ofcourse one possibility is to do a clone, but good shells/chassis are fricin´ hard to find. That is my plan too. First time I saw Clive´s RX-4 and Steve´s RX-3 live about 3 years ago, I really fell in love with those cars. ;) I have been trying to find good and reasonable priced project chassis, but its really impossible here. I think you have better possibility to find good project there. :)
Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline SSScoupe

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 11:50:51 AM »
Very hard to come by in UK unfortunately and very expensive here in Australia. Could  worth trying a South  african import maybe? Or trying a series 1 2 3 RX7 as a few more of those still exist in UK.

Offline squeezyphil

• Worthing, West Sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 07:04:43 AM »
Yeah I realise they are hard to get hold of,  but think I'll stick to it and just wait for one to pop up.  Thanks for the help. 

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk