Author Topic: BOOSTED FD BUILD.  (Read 95306 times)

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
Re: BOOSTED FD BUILD.
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2016, 03:17:36 PM »
Oh yeah saw an rx8 coming the other way on way home....driver was wide eyed and big smile so think i made his day!
92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2016, 03:18:09 PM »
Just out the pop ups back in and sort out an HID kit or whatever they're called or even some LEDs. You only have them up on a night and your turning this to a more race car aren't you?

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2016, 03:19:44 PM »

Oh yeah saw an rx8 coming the other way on way home....driver was wide eyed and big smile so think i made his day!
I used my rx8 to go too work before cams and drive passed an FD, he didn't even look at me, so I dropped it down two years and blasted off whilst he Potted along at 70 mph...... Pussy

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2016, 03:21:10 PM »
Yeah leaning towards pop ups. Need to find some at sensible price...balance between pay for new housing or 2nd hand pop ups which are poor light output anyways.
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2016, 03:29:12 PM »
feck! £500.00 will get replacement discs and pads for the AP's   :))  thats why i did boxing day nightshift  :))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:34:24 PM by boosted »
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Bobfish

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2016, 03:46:52 PM »
BG developments for the discs and pads.  Not sure if they are still around?  Im pretty sure i gave you a receipt from them with the documents for the car.

The discs are fine, they crack instantly the moment you put them on and stay that way forever. I wouldn't change them.  At least keep the old ones, youll kick yourself when the new ones crack after the first track day :)

Dont touch any other brake pad except the pagid RS29 yellow pads.  They are actually endurance racing pads i think.  Everyone will tell you that you are mad, but they are the only ones that i found worked.  Maybe its the way I drive, but I tried DS2500, DS3000, every EBC pad and hawk pads as well.  All of them melted in a couple of track days or gave me fade on the nurburgring.  The DS2500s took my discs with them as well on brands GP, the discs on there now are its second set.  The RS29s will make your bum pucker at the price but they are worth every penny.  Im not sure exactly what your going to do with it but my target with this car was a sub 8 minute ring lap and i cannot stress enough how much no other brake pad allowed me to do that except the pagid.  They are hard, feel horrible, and squeal at times; but they will stop you no matter what.

Re: the lights, i advise the cheapest replacement for them would be a different MOT Tester :) but that's your choice.

I am 6 foot 4.  Make sure you put a helmet on and sit in it before you commit to raise the seat up.  Not sure if your planning on installing that cage i gave you but youll want that head room once your sat in it with a bash hat on! even more so if the cage goes in! I had to drop the seat because i had to tilt my head otherwise while wearing a helmet!

Thats why the seats are hard mounted, no space for slide rails.

sorry for the MOT fail but glad its only cheap stuff.  If it was me id change the pillow balls and take it somewhere else for MOT :)

Offline Bobfish

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »
they are something like these:

http://www.oreca-store.eu/pagid-rs29-brake-pads-for-calliper-ap-racing-cp7600-d46-14-4-mm.html

Be careful when you oder though, there are two types of AP calipers and i cant remember which one you have off the top of my head.  From memory though they are the ones that have less pad material (14mm pad thickness or so instead of 18mm) but honestly not 100% sure, its worth re-checking before you spend the money.

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2016, 03:53:53 PM »
Yes mate i agree there tiny hairlines didnt think he would mention it my other trackers have had em. I was expecting a fail eyes wide open..just needs pads and pillow balls for track. I am weighing up wether i need it motd? Its not a road car lol
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55:37 PM »
I got the reciept out all details on there....serious bud im not disappointed just an excuse to go for legal drive.
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Bobfish

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
haha good good :) glad you enjoyed it.  Clutch takes a while to get used to but is good for clutch kicking if you want to get a bit sideways.

Your right its not a road car which is why i say just get it MOT'd somewhere where they dont mind so much about the lights.  unless you think you'll drive it a lot at night.  I never did, so it wasnt as important to me as the plod wont check the lights unless they dont look right, which theyd only notice at night!

Offline Bobfish

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2016, 04:07:15 PM »
also double check whats on that receipt, the first order i placed with them i think the pads were wrong, so dont want you ordering the wrong set again based on that!

also how do i edit my posts?

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2016, 04:13:31 PM »
mmmm do i really need an mot? only thing i can think off is for posing and ive got too much grey hair for that these days....wifey didnt go in last fd made her sick do the basics and save the cash for a new trailer! i messed up towcars as the impreza wagon wrx has a shite tow capacity so keep that for work n back and using the shogun sport that will pull a tree down all day. sleep onit me thinks.
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2016, 04:17:01 PM »
haha good good :) glad you enjoyed it.  Clutch takes a while to get used to but is good for clutch kicking if you want to get a bit sideways.

Your right its not a road car which is why i say just get it MOT'd somewhere where they dont mind so much about the lights.  unless you think you'll drive it a lot at night.  I never did, so it wasnt as important to me as the plod wont check the lights unless they dont look right, which theyd only notice at night!

i work 10 mins from work and have no friends lol! dont need lights.
i got it on ramp by pulling handbrake on abit sorted out the judder...lovely when hooked up i just need a bit of time.
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »
quickie question. coolant level sensor...how does this work....sensor covered with coolant grounded to earth no buzzer,,,,,level low not grounded buzzer sounds? so disconecting little plug buzzer should sound yeah?
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2016, 07:28:21 PM »
http://www.mandp.co.uk/index.php/default/

loads of bike street fighter style lights to choose from.

i want it mot'd never too old for posing. :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:29:56 PM by boosted »
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.