Author Topic: no turbo  (Read 334 times)

Offline Malc

• Just joined!
    • Hereford
    • View Profile
no turbo
« on: September 24, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »
A quick introduction. My name is Malc. I have an FD RB-S Special Edition RX7 which my partner and I bought as a project about 7 months ago. the problem I have is that I took it to the local auto electrician to have the motorised aerial sorted ( it actually was just a connection problem) along with the chip he knocked out of the bonnet and he didn't replace the rear "cruise" light AND smashed the bulb, the turbos no longer work. he had denied that any of this was done by him, a court case is probably pending, however  I would like to see if I can get the turbos sorted  I had them linked together by Carl at Hayward Rotary, with them coming in at 3000 rpm and they push all the way to 8000,  the rats nest has not been removed.  Is there anyway that someone messing under the steering wheel and around or behind the radio could have cut/disconnected a wire that would cause this. does the turbo take a signal from the tachometer as when to work or is it more complicated than that?
Any advice gratefully received. I know the basics on how a rotary engine works but that's about it so please don't make any answers to technical. Thanks. Malc
PS at Gaydon Sunday realise I'm probably not going to get it sorted before then but if any of you see a 6'5" man and a 6'2" woman emerging from a white FD do come and say hello.

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: no turbo
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 08:19:45 PM »
First of all  :welcome: to MRC

I have a question for you, do you have a boost gauge an if so what are you seeing ?
All the best Clive