Author Topic: Its been a long time but my rex is going back on the road hopefully  (Read 695 times)

Offline COUNTZERO1978

• View Profile
Hi everyone was on the forum good few years back as I'm now in a position to either a. sell my old fd & buy another or b. get mine rebuilt & put back on the road,just looking for some good solid advice on who to speak to about this project,cost aint everything but I'd like to keep things to a reasonable level & as I'm in scotland everythings a little more difficult,the cars sat in a dry garage for about five years,drained of fuel etc anyone got some ideas on which route to take n who to speak to ??

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: Its been a long time but my rex is going back on the road hopefully
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 12:34:42 PM »
My very first FD was stored for six years and with a new battery new fuel filter, oil change and a set of spark plugs did many miles with no issues so there's no reason to worry about getting the car up n running again, 
All the best Clive

Offline Carbon RX

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »
As Clive say's, how do you know if you was to buy another car that it would not have unforeseen issues either. Get yours sorted and enjoy it.

Offline bin liner

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:01:24 PM »
i suppose it all depends on how much work is required to put it back on the road.  If you are happy with the bodywork then its a matter of sorting the mechanical.  I'm assuming it needs a rebuild?  If thats the case budget between 2500-4000 depending on what needs replacing.  If you want to sell as is and buy one thats already done then it may be more economical...should you wish to sell up send me some pics as i know of someone looking for a project. thanks
Definately want it mate but the dog has just died so will be getting the missus a new dog for christmas....
Sounds like a good deal but will have to ask the dragon first.....  :flamed  :spank

Offline leggysrx7

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 07:28:18 AM »
What happened to her?

Was chatting with Dale and asking if he'd seen her around.  Drop me an email and let me know how the old girl is doing.

mlegowski75 at gmail dot com

Personally, I'd get her rebuilt. You know the history, you know the car, the upgrades. The Garage in wishaw can do the whole engine out, down to pip and back up,and in. Personally again I'd get her down to pip complete and collect her when finished.

Offline philiwily

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 10:54:38 PM »
The Scottish guys are all very helpful, It's not particularly difficult to do it yourself if you have the time.
where abouts are you?