Author Topic: A lot of "real estate" used vs actual postage...  (Read 859 times)

Offline seanp

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
A lot of "real estate" used vs actual postage...
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:16:57 PM »
I'm finding the amount of "real estate" taken up by the details of each post in the topics "a lot" compared to (other forums) I have used; e.g. 3-4 lines of "stuff", with a single liner... After reading through one thread just now, I found it very "distracting" to find the actual answers vs "thread info"...

I think the thread about breaking an RX7 was the example I found difficult just now...

Not sure if that can be, somehow, tweaked - keep the info on one / two lines?

(I know the amount also taken by the Avatars & sigs etc. also does not help with this... but that is hard to avoid with just about all forums... Maybe I'll just "get used" to it?)

Will give it a go on my phone etc. later for more "stylistic" feedback :-)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:20:45 PM by seanp »
RX-8 R3, Diamond Grey = :D BIGGER smiles :D
Bare-naked as the day she was born. RoSPA Gold (3/2010), IAM (3/2009) Advance Driver - the best safety and performance driver upgrade!

Prodrive x3, Thruxton, Brands Hatch x2, North Weald x2, Bedford Autodrome SW (Videos. Photos), RX8 Owners Club member
Gone, but not forgotten: RX-8 High Power, Titanium Grey, Black Leather. RIP 28/08/2009

Offline CrissyUK

• Administrator
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: A lot of "real estate" used vs actual postage...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 09:59:25 PM »
mmmmm.  Not sure I follow. Please could you add a picture to show us the parts of the thread that you are having trouble with or give us a link to the thread you mentioned?

I will be restyling the forum in the next few days but won't change that much. Perhaps that's a good time to also have a look at this.  :)

Thank you
Crissy

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 2
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 11:38:21 AM »
Hi Sean - not sure I follow what you are saying either. Presentation on my PC and via TapaTalk looks pretty "normal" (for forums), clean and "precise" to me. Yes, we've got all the usual sigs and the Avatar area, but I see these as HUGE added value, now that people can customise the avatar area with link buttons to Facebook and the like.

RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active

Offline seanp

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 09:23:23 AM »
On my PC in chrome, it's the 3-4 lines in each message 'header' that my eyes find annoying... I'll try to get a screen capture.
Bare-naked as the day she was born. RoSPA Gold (3/2010), IAM (3/2009) Advance Driver - the best safety and performance driver upgrade!

Prodrive x3, Thruxton, Brands Hatch x2, North Weald x2, Bedford Autodrome SW (Videos. Photos), RX8 Owners Club member
Gone, but not forgotten: RX-8 High Power, Titanium Grey, Black Leather. RIP 28/08/2009

Offline seanp

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »
(tapatalk OK -  only 1 line of info there)

Offline CrissyUK

• Administrator
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 09:38:12 AM »
I only have two lines in the header of each message. It's the same on my tablet and phone. Why do you have 4 lines?
Crissy

Offline seanp

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 03:28:38 PM »
OK, back on PC now... Seems to be only 2 lines as you say... Not sure what I experienced before; you sure you didn't tweak something? ;-)