Author Topic: After posting a reply I seem to go back to the forum, not the thread (Fixed)  (Read 335 times)

Offline samoht

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
After writing a reply on a thread, when I submitted it the board took me back to the topic listing, not the thread I just posted on.  (This is unlike the old forum).

I fixed this by going to my profile, Modify Profile > Look and Layout, and set "Return to topics after posting by default.".

Although each person can do this, it might be worth setting this to true on everyone's profiles, to keep it the same as the old board ?  Just a suggestion, I don't personally mind as I set it for myself anyway :)

Offline CrissyUK

• Administrator
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Duly noted. I don't seem to be able to find a global setting for that function. I'll keep searching.  :-)

FOUND IT!!   8)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:48:00 PM by CrissyUK »
Crissy

Offline seanp

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
My first reply also went back to the forum list, not the thread / post... (See what happens to this one!)

- Worked OK! I wonder if the announcement thread is different?
RX-8 R3, Diamond Grey = :D BIGGER smiles :D
Bare-naked as the day she was born. RoSPA Gold (3/2010), IAM (3/2009) Advance Driver - the best safety and performance driver upgrade!

Prodrive x3, Thruxton, Brands Hatch x2, North Weald x2, Bedford Autodrome SW (Videos. Photos), RX8 Owners Club member
Gone, but not forgotten: RX-8 High Power, Titanium Grey, Black Leather. RIP 28/08/2009

Offline CrissyUK

• Administrator
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
It's because I couldn't find the global setting to redirect users to their post instead of the topics list. This version of SMF (2.0.9) is substantially different from the sacrificial test forum that I set up back in March. A lot of things have been moved and they have incorporated a few of the mods I previously installed into their script.

:-)
Crissy