Linked Events

• MAZDA DAY 2015 - GAYDON, 27 SEPT: September 27, 2015

Author Topic: Mazda Day 2015 - SUNDAY, 27TH SEPTEMBER at Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon  (Read 8617 times)

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
Re: Mazda Day 2015 - SUNDAY, 27TH SEPTEMBER at Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »
Cheers Clive and Lisa for organising had a great time....i need a new leg and its not a good idea to wiggle the key cable tied in the coil !
92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi.  EX Track car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline CrissyUK

• Administrator
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2015, 08:19:18 PM »
Great day today, thank you for the sunshine and for a nice and relaxed event in such a beautiful place. It was great catching up with some of the Euro Trip Crew but we forgot our secret sign greeting   :-D

I posted a few pictures on the Facebook page  :-)

See you again soon!
Crissy

Offline AMH

• MRC Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2015, 10:30:53 PM »
What a fab day - lovely venue and beautiful weather.

Huge thanks to Lisa and Clive for organising - I think we should make that a regular venue.

Mine and Neil's piccies:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100088644024501606351/MazdaNationalDaySept2015
https://picasaweb.google.com/114251696367562643786/MazdaNationalsDay2015
1st March 2005 - 31st Dec 2009: STRATO RX-8 WITH MEGA BLING ALLOYS - TWOC :(
Delivered 12th March 2010: AURORA BLUE RX-8 R3 :)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2015, 10:44:13 PM »
First up, Huge thanks to each and every one of you for bringing your great cars for us to see to make this a real nice day.

However we have been shocked by other clubs reaction to just trying to give Mazda Enthusiasts a day out to share our passion for Mazda, however despite peoples best efforts to kill this event we had 50 Mazda’s with many different models attend.

As you will see below, “what in the hell is the matter with these nasty bitchy people”!

Strike 1, Lisa sent an invite to the Mazda 2, 3 and 6 forums which  immediately led to a ban and a stroppy “stern warning” e-mail tell her she had a cheek spamming “his forum” , It just could be this guy is just power mad --------------- the clue was in the signature (Will Power!)

Strike 2, I am told we had the normal couple of protagonists on the RX-7 FDUK club peddling their personal anti MRC issues to deter people from coming along, people who clearly need to go and get a life without trying to influence others, don't get me wrong though as this is very much a one way street as nobody at MRC has any problem with FDUK itself in any way.

Strike 3, this was the biggest one as it hurt the turn out and also hurt MRC financially.

A guy by the name of Ian Fleming  from the main MX-5 Owners Club personally object to us calling the event a “Mazda Day”  to the Heritage Museum so he wrote to and phoned again and again eventually bulling Gaydon staff to remove the Mazda Day and the advert from the Gadon Events calendar and without even telling us converted it to a Mazda “Rotary Club” Day, which effectively stopped many other Mazda owners who may have come along as they would not have known the event was even being held!

OK, I have always accepted that the MX-5 club have no wish to play with non MX-5 clubs but to then interfere with another clubs event!!

With all the above said,
Special thanks must go to the RX8OC who not only supported this event, but also that its members are bright enough and adult enough to realise that there’s no need for problems between the two clubs as we all share the same Rotary Passion :).
All the best Clive

Offline C J R

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2015, 08:17:18 AM »
What a great day and location !!! Well done Lisa & Clive.

I was staggered by the number of Gen 1's that turned out (I have not seen so many in one place outside of Rotarystock in Holland).

Agree with the others who have posted, it is always great to meet up with the great people who turn out for these events. Lots of friendly banter ( :P Tony).

Ann and Ian - thanks for an 'arty' selection of pics of the FD. Your photographic skills are significantly better than mine  ;D No jokes about Ann's very long arm to achieve those high shots.

Great to meet up with Umar and his Trophy winning FD.

Crissy - sorry for forgetting the secret signs from Holland  ^-^, couldn't decide whether to wait around just to watch you clamber in to Aston's car at the end of the event  :D Speedy recovery.

Followed Steve and Michelle for part of the journey home, it was great to see many passing cars slow down to view such a nice looking car, well done Steve. (FD didn't enjoy the long traffic queue).

I guess that's it for another year as far as static display event's are concerned. Started thinking about mods for the winter........

Thanks
Chris

Offline efini85

• MRC Overseas Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2015, 11:41:20 AM »
We were also surprised with the variety of Mazda's.  Coming from Holland at sunday early, I picked-up an MX-5 Mk3 near Brighton, and decided to come over to the Heritage Motor Centre.  We left 4:00 am  at sunday morning  in Holland and were back home 1:00 Am mondaymorning.

As always it was nice to see all of you again, also many thanks for Clive and Lisa for organizing a wonderful event.

Kees / Laura

Offline Mattyo

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2015, 09:34:20 PM »
Hi Clive and Lisa,
Thanks for putting on another great Mazda day and thanks for having us... really enjoyed it ( had to leave a bit early to get home for the dog ! ) Matt & Sandra.

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2015, 06:17:56 PM »
Just realised went all the way to Mazda day and didnt meet Don! Lol.
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2015, 06:22:29 PM »
We were also surprised with the variety of Mazda's.  Coming from Holland at sunday early, I picked-up an MX-5 Mk3 near Brighton, and decided to come over to the Heritage Motor Centre.  We left 4:00 am  at sunday morning  in Holland and were back home 1:00 Am mondaymorning.

As always it was nice to see all of you again, also many thanks for Clive and Lisa for organizing a wonderful event.

Kees / Laura

Hi Rees nice to chat to you, ive got in contact with Matt who done the mxrx conversion ive sent him an email and will email you directly in the next couple of days. JON
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline efini85

• MRC Overseas Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2015, 06:50:50 PM »
Hi Jon,

We passed you on the way back home, when you where driving at the junction.  I'll be waiting for your reply. You can also use this e-mail adress: efini85 at hotmail.com.  The blue Mx-5 has a worn bottomend, so an RX-8 engine will be replaced. 

Kees

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »
Yes mate saw you waving! we went the wrong way up the motorway to start with lol! ;D
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline KiwiDave

• London
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2015, 10:37:12 PM »
Great venue and great day. Quite a different atmosphere with several other clubs in attendance. I've never seen so many Marina's in one place (and not a falling piano in sight)  ;D
1985 Series 3 TWR

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2015, 10:44:25 PM »
Real good to see not only you but all the other Gen 1's that came along 8)
All the best Clive

Offline Hobbawobba

• Worcester
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »
Bit late but thanks for organising this aye! I had a pretty good day and there were some awesome cars about! ;D Also met some new faces which is always nice! I had the blue FB with sketchy paint on the bonnet hahah. I didn't get too many pictures as my phone didn't have much space left on it.. Here are some that I managed to get though :)

The other car meet/show kept me busy for a bit with their nice cars.

The museum was worth a good look. Some cool as cars in there.. Hopefully you guys plan on it again next year as the new area should be open with plenty more to look at :P

Posting this reminds me I should really stop being lazy and get a build thread up on here ::)

Chur!
Jesse