Author Topic: Polybush Wishbones etc.  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Jot17

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« on: November 03, 2014, 10:18:46 AM »
Hey guys,

Was planning on poly bushing the car, what would i need and whay polybushes shall i go for? Im going to buy the front upper and lower wishbones, and the rear upper wishbone, im going to get a thicker front arb so would need bushes for that also will be buying new droplinks,  going to do the same for the rear except not the same size roll bar, what else should polybush while im at it? Ive read up abit and will probably get adjustable rear toe arms so might not touch them for now. The car will be track mainly the odd here and the on road so what bushes would you guys recommend also have you guys noticed a difference? The car is an fd 96.

Thank You

Offline C J R

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 07:49:11 AM »
Hi, I purchased a full kit from Powerflex. That included all bushes for the FD.
In addition I bushed the rear diff to the sub frame.

You\'ll need access to a press to remove some of the OE bushes.

Remember to apply the grease supplied with the bushes when you fit, otherwise they \'creak\' when you use the FD.

Chris

Offline Jot17

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 10:36:20 PM »
Quote from: C J R;883879
Hi, I purchased a full kit from Powerflex. That included all bushes for the FD.
In addition I bushed the rear diff to the sub frame.

You\'ll need access to a press to remove some of the OE bushes.

Remember to apply the grease supplied with the bushes when you fit, otherwise they \'creak\' when you use the FD.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info, did you tell a noticeable amount of difference in the car?

Thanks

Offline C J R

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 07:37:48 AM »
Yes changing the bushes made a significant difference to the general feel of the car. It feels more connected (solid).

Use the FD mainly on track days and there is no vagueness coming from the suspension assemblies.

Chris

Offline Black7Conv

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:04:38 PM »
i was planning of doing the same but my car is mainly used on road, so should i go for it or not?
thanks,
George
TII black Conv.

Offline C J R

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 12:37:33 PM »
Mine was used mainly for road when it was first poly bushed. Before bushing, it felt a bit loose and vague when pushed on road surfaces.

Drive was improved when all the bushes were fitted. Not a harsh ride, just felt improved.

Offline Jot17

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »
Hey Chris,

What poly bushes did you go for because I read up and people in america have all used the superpro bushes, I know American roads are different but is that what I should go for as I\'m using the for track.?

Offline Mazdarotaryparts

• MRC Supporting Advertiser
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »
It may help to know that we sell Power Flex Bushes via the link below which if using the car on track will be a little firmer and better than Polybush

http://www.racingbeateurope.com/bfd-suspensionb-282-c.asp

We hope this helps
REgards
Clive

Mazdarotaryparts
Racingbeateurope
Racecarbattery
shyauto

We aim to help and assist our customers make the right choices for their Mazda Rotary or MX-5  whether they be standard or modified. If you need further assistance with your inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us:-
sales@mazdarotaryparts.com T:- 44 (0) 1474 361 800
sales@racingbeateurope.com T:- 44 (0) 1474 777 800
sales@shyauto.com             T:- 44 (0) 1474 771 800

Offline 4packet

• View Profile
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 12:04:12 PM »
I researched this in depth at the start of the year. My car does a good number of track days, but is still a road car.

I perceive the Superpro bushes to be marginally better for a couple of subtle reasons, but would shop by price and what bushes you actually want to change. I picked up a Superpro kit from the States which included everything bar the roll bars (aftermarket bar will include these anyway) and the rear lower inner bushes. I bought the powerflex \'black\' bushes for here. The kit will also include rack and diff bushes. I stayed away from aftermarket rear control arms with rose joints due to potential noise and wear with it being a road car. The counter argument to this is that Mazda fitted rubber isolated pillow balls in some of the suspension arms and poly busehes can only move in one axis before binding up slightly. My car feels great (massively reduced the wheel hop) and I spent a while lookng at how the arms move and the twist is minimal. Can\'t tell you how they compare directly as I doubt anyone swaps poly bushes into a car that doesn\'t already have worn original bushes (some of mine were).

Don\'t forget to check the pillow balls too that can\'t be swapped for poly. Oh and removing the old ones isn\'t a small task. I used a quality non press alternative kit comprising threaded bar and numerous tubes. The whole job probably took 2+ days.

Offline Black7Conv

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
Polybush Wishbones etc.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 01:03:16 PM »
ah nice! will go for it then!
thanks!
TII black Conv.