Author Topic: UK vs. import spec front windscreen  (Read 382 times)

Offline peasjam

• View Profile
UK vs. import spec front windscreen
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:34:50 PM »
Hello,

I\'m attempting to have the front windscreen replaced on my imported 93 FD. The company rocked up with a UK spec windscreen and claimed it couldn\'t be fitted. I wasn\'t with the car at the time so I don\'t really know why... something about the trim, apparently. Details were a bit vague.

Can anyone shed any light on the UK vs. import front windscreen differences, and whether an import can be fitted with a UK spec replacement?

Many thanks,
Matt.

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 05:01:39 PM »
Hi Matt, screen is the same but not sure if the interior mirror plinth that\'s glued to the screen will be

Sounds strange but I came across this difference in RX-8\'s
All the best Clive

Offline peasjam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »
Odd, doesn\'t sound like a deal-breaker. Anything that isn\'t completely straight-forwards seems to stump them.
Ah well, thank you for the info!

Cheers,
Matt.

Offline B9 KLF

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 09:27:28 PM »
There are two problems that I have encountered in both my imported RX-7 and MX-6

1) the installers do not have the right Mazda seal/trim. However there is a UK seal/trim that can be used but I don\'t know the detail of it. :o

2) import glass is bronze colour with top shade band and UK manufacture is blue.

In both cases of a broken screen they turned up to fit blue (even though I told them it was bronze) and I turned them away as they shaked their heads muttering 8 weeks to get from Japan. Eventually both screens were made in the UK at huge cost to get the bronze colour - so they try and palm you off with blue.

So with both of the above factors in the mix you can be sure that there will be some :censored::censored::censored::censored: and bull story around until it is sorted after several attempts.

I had to wait months for a screen to be made with a progressive crack across the whole of the bottom of the screen and an impending MOT failure looming.

Keith