I think it was a short around the battery.
The fire was from the battery up with the fans melted. Looking at what i can see it would need a new front wiring harness, bonnet,rad & fans, and various other bits its still holding water and all the belts are ok. I got to it within 10 mins of it starting my neighbour called me and kept the hose on it until the fire brigade came.
I will see what the insurance company say if they will repair it that would be the best outcome. I would be very tempted to keep it if I get the chance and depending on how much it would cost to buy back and the cost of the parts above. Any ideas on the cost of a front harness
I had spent the evenings of the last month cleaning up the underneath and treating the it to a couple of coats of por15 I refurbished the wheels etc.. Hence am gutted