Author Topic: New look Mazdarotaryclub.com  (Read 1293 times)

Online clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
New look Mazdarotaryclub.com
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:35:30 PM »
You will have seen we have a new front page---------------- This is just the start of things to come :)

Many of you know that Mazdarotaryclub has been in existence since 2001, indeed many of you have been here since the start with a forum that has never had any sort of major change, till now.:Thumbsup!

With a huge amount of work behind the scenes by Chrissy, Malcolm and Andrew,  MRC has been undergoing many changes with the site now successfully updated and a new (cheaper) service provider in place, the time has now come to bring the Rotary World a new more Modern Mazdarotaryclub presence out on the Internet for our exciting Mazda Rotarys we are all so passionate about.

As you will see below a big change is coming for Mazdarotaryclub.com

Website – By now you will have seen our new Front page that is the front door to the club and forum. Click for LINK to Homepage

• A “Wiki” - containing reference, technical and historical articles about the club

• The “New” MRC Forum –Will be integrated with modern social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.

A new Shop will be used with Open Cart to replacing EKM PowerShop

Website;

The new front page will be laid out in a cleaner more simple way with sections condensed where possible and will have links to the forum, the wiki, shop, Face Book, Twitter and calendar, plus a means of contacting the “team” if needed for more information or queries.

A “Wiki”

A new, separate, area dedicated to material that is for reference. This would contain technical “nuggets”, DIY, how to fix, manuals, etc. It would also contain historical reference material; old Rotary Rev mags, event reports, photos, historical info about the club and its history. This material will be mostly factual, and therefore should not be controversial! Generally this stuff, once added to the Wiki, won’t change a lot, but will be added to, maybe “downstreamed” the main forum.

The first stage will be to devise a “tree structure” for the MRC wiki. For technical reasons, it’s important we get this structure in place BEFORE we start to populate the wiki. The structure can have “extensions built” later, but we need to get the fundamental building architecture right to start with.

Populating the wiki – will happen by making an announcement of a new forum Wiki section where full members will engage the membership to “nominate” threads they believe should be kept and moved to the Wiki.

In the members only area we will need a small team of members to convert the “nominations” to Wiki by using cut/paste and editing of existing threads and move them over to the Wiki. Once each (existing forum) thread is done, we’d lock each one with a link to the new wiki entry and a message seeking any feedback via a dedicated wiki@mazdarotaryclub.com email address.

We would like to get as much as possible for Crissy initially load by the 9th of May.

Once all the above is in place the “Old” Forum will come down for a few days while everything is moved across and backed up etc.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:32:43 AM by Casey »
All the best Clive

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »
New page looks great Clive:)

Offline marcusd666

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • Near Chester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »
Great work it looks like it coming along well can\'t wait for the final site.
marcus

'92' RX-7 FD3s type-R Black
'04' RX-8 231 Winning Blue (saddy missed)

Online clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: New look Mazdarotaryclub.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 10:10:09 PM »
As you would have now seen, thanks to Crissy and Malcolm many of the items listed above are now up and running, bringing Mazdarotaryclub bang up to date in our ever changing social media world, effectively bringing a re-born club that's ready for 2015 where we hope many of you will join us at events to show the world our wonderful Rotary cars.

Many thanks to both for their hard work and also the full club members who support Mazdarotaryclub.
All the best Clive

Offline Clarky

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • East Sussex
    • View Profile
    • Nuts Bolts & Things
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 04:43:51 PM »
Fantastic Job to all involved in the update, i know the amount of work that has gone into this.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself...
But i can always do with some help now due to, my advancing years!

Offline lennycarloff

• Contributor
    • Wakefield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 08:22:57 PM »
Loving the new look , you have out done yourselves
 ;D
jim