Author Topic: The other rotary Westfield!  (Read 21778 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: The other rotary Westfield!
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2016, 10:07:59 PM »
Excellent news, very well done  :bravo_2: ( don't care if the Bravo is cheesy, you deserve it  8) as I know the effort you have put into the car )
All the best Clive

Offline Smiffers

• Contributor
    • South Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
    • Rivet Racing UK
« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2016, 07:50:07 AM »
Yep first is too short on the 13 inch wheels,  second is a bit long hence the high rpm but it works ok in such a light car.

Thanks Carl,  it has been a journey but the results are comming now...  I am a happy boy!
Westfield SEiW - 13B-MSP BW 7670 Turbo
www.facebook.com/rivetracinguk

Offline Smiffers

• Contributor
    • South Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
    • Rivet Racing UK
« Reply #272 on: June 07, 2016, 07:52:35 AM »
Sorry Clive!  Was talking to a Carl on fb... too much social media makes your brain soft!

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 07, 2016, 10:18:05 AM »
Excellent, great to see a rotary engined car getting such good results. Sincere congratulations, that's no mean achievement, and well done for all the effort you've put in   :)

With your result, and the fact that Peter Hewson it leading his Time Attack Club Class with his RX-8, plus Liam is doing well in the 750MC race series in his RX-8, things are beginning to look up for rotary power in UK competition. Hopefully e a good omen for Clive this year  :) :)

RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2016, 10:32:43 AM »
Excellent, great to see a rotary engined car getting such good results. Sincere congratulations, that's no mean achievement, and well done for all the effort you've put in   :)

With your result, and the fact that Peter Hewson it leading his Time Attack Club Class with his RX-8, plus Liam is doing well in the 750MC race series in his RX-8, things are beginning to look up for rotary power in UK competition. Hopefully e a good omen for Clive this year  :) :)
Are they running turbo rx8s or NA?

That launch control is great, can't beat a good bit of second gear tyre smoke, especially on slicks. Probably helped to protect any parts that could injure themselves from the tyre hooking properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Smiffers

• Contributor
    • South Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
    • Rivet Racing UK
« Reply #275 on: June 07, 2016, 11:32:57 AM »

I have a right mind to have a stern chat with Clive's car, about time that car gave him a break!

Offline Smiffers

• Contributor
    • South Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
    • Rivet Racing UK
« Reply #276 on: June 07, 2016, 03:26:00 PM »
Yep,  I have put together a feature request for Adaptronic to make the launch control better...  Let's see if they bite!

That launch control is great, can't beat a good bit of second gear tyre smoke, especially on slicks. Probably helped to protect any parts that could injure themselves from the tyre hooking properly.

Offline Smiffers

• Contributor
    • South Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
    • Rivet Racing UK
« Reply #277 on: June 07, 2016, 03:27:05 PM »
Probably helped to protect any parts that could injure themselves from the tyre hooking properly. - I don't want that, if I'm breaking parts I know I'm launching well :)

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 07, 2016, 03:56:13 PM »
Race it, break it, fix it, race it again

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2016, 05:57:12 PM »
All this racing is making me incredibly itchy.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi.  EX Track car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Smiffers

• Contributor
    • South Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
    • Rivet Racing UK
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »
So it should, stop pissing around with the tin top and get back to using the Westory in anger...  COME SPRINTING!  There is a July break so you could get everything sorted and join for Goodwood in August (you thought Combe was fast ;)...

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2016, 08:56:20 PM »

They are both running NA, with weight stripping and suspension mods. Having seen Liam's video, he's clearly a very capable race driver. I haven't seen Peter drive, but he's used a solid engineering background and a lot of maths to tune the "ride frequencies" of his car.....it seesm to be working!
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984

Offline Smiffers

• Contributor
    • South Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
    • Rivet Racing UK
« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2016, 10:34:21 PM »
So what's my excuse! ;)

They are both running NA, with weight stripping and suspension mods. Having seen Liam's video, he's clearly a very capable race driver. I haven't seen Peter drive, but he's used a solid engineering background and a lot of maths to tune the "ride frequencies" of his car.....it seesm to be working!

Offline Smiffers

• Contributor
    • South Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
    • Rivet Racing UK
« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2016, 08:31:55 AM »
So here are the video's from the day...  Camera got fogged up for the two fastest runs boo!  Also if you want a laugh look at Bentley Timed 1 for how not to configure traction control!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhNU9Ot0wf8&list=PLN8SJohej1PTn3pvc0DaCAN16WNzQESQ8&index=1

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2016, 12:09:08 PM »
Lol saving vids for tonights nightshift.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi.  EX Track car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.