Author Topic: FD/FC Rotor housings for race car  (Read 328 times)

Offline Martin Price

• Contributor
    • View Profile
FD/FC Rotor housings for race car
« on: December 07, 2013, 11:12:12 AM »
Hi, I\'m building a FD powered RX8 race car, the cars nearing completion now and my engines just gone away to be re-built but everything in the motors shot and I need new rotor housings.
I will buy new housings if need be but I\'d rather source some good second hand ones. I\'ve been offered a RX7FC turbo 2 car that my mates had from new that\'s got a mint engine in it that\'s done a genuine 19k.
The cars rotten so its not worth re-building and he\'s offered it me for £500 but I only want to buy it if the FC rotor housings are identical to the FD ones.
Any advice appreciated. Cheers Martin

Offline HaywardRotary

• MRC Supporting Advertiser
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Hayward Rotary
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 12:10:33 PM »
They are not identical but you can use them, water passages must be blocked up that go into a turbo 2 inlet manifold.
Also the chrome is different but will be fine.
We warranty our rebuilt engines for Detonation, track day\'s and RWYB and NOW for 30 months which is two and half years or 30,000 miles
We also build all types of race or road engines.
We build race and track cars too.
Any kind of porting undertaken.
Single turbo conversions.
S

Offline Martin Price

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »
Hi Carl, thanks for your reply. I\'ve just been up to take another look at the RX7fc and I\'m in a dilemma as on closer inspection if you look past the green mould that\'s covering the car it looks very good condition. There\'s tiny bit of rot on the front valance at one side and that\'s it. The interior is like new and I reckon with a day cleaning the car would look a lot different.
The owner isn\'t bothered what I do with it but it just seems a shame to break it for the rotor housings when its a unmolested one owner car that\'s done 19k miles. I\'ll try and post some pictures later. Thanks again for your help. Cheers Martin