Author Topic: New Engine Project  (Read 3471 times)

Offline exiled-viking

• exiled Viking modding on MRC
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 07:12:20 PM »
I got the DONOR Engine ordered to day with a pick up date of next week so it looks as if the build is going to start sooner, clive MRP has got the street porting kit for me, so thats another item off the list and he\'s ordered my aluminium lightweight fly wheel.

once clive,s stopped messing about with his :King400+BHP TRACK car :rolleyes::god ( that is a JOKE before anyone starts) then we can work on the  370BHP ROAD version :rollin:rollin:rollin we live in hope.

THE NEWS UPDATES
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:21:01 PM by exiled-viking »

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 07:21:13 PM »
Sounds good. Be nice to see the port template overlaid on a port to see how much material is taken away:);)

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »
Oh and we know Clive\'s car is going to be way above 400!!!

Offline exiled-viking

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 07:31:23 PM »
YES I think you would be Right about the 400BHP, hope he runs it well on monday.

Once the build starts i will try to post up some comparison pictures of the porting  and see how much material is removed, cannot wait till the build starts i got about 12 large mods to do in the engine bay alone thats after its been cleaned out and repainted.

THE NEWS UPDATES

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 08:47:05 PM »
Does the supercharger run through an intercooler?

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
New Engine Project
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »
Sorry, off topic, love the running man sig Tony :rollin.
All the best Clive

Offline exiled-viking

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 09:04:40 PM »
yes its mounted forward of the radiator this has caused problems with engine heating at first but after some mods and a new front bumper with larger air intake,s and two ram air ducts one fitted with a fan that comes on auto/ or manually this was done due to the car standing in traffic on a hot day if you see the engine temp rising you can switch the fan on and force air through the duct through the intercoolers and up to the supercharger air intake and around the engine bringing the air and engine/supercharger temps down while stationery,

This duct will close when the engine/supercharger is back at its normal operating temp, but if you decided to rag the car a little you can over ride the left duct once again by manually switching it on it took quite a lot of time and a few mods to get it right but i have now cracked it also helped with having the vented bonnet, as mines not just for show a some members from another club have commented on
the bonnet has been modded to let hot air out with the rain trays fitted.

THE NEWS UPDATES sorry for the grammar and spelling

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 09:38:21 PM »
We\'re not in English class now so don\'t worry about grammar. Being from Yorkshire I probably have the worse ability to tell people about their written words when we abreviTe everything and miss words out come tell when we talk!!

Have you got WI in the blower?

Offline exiled-viking

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »
I should say its an axial fan with 22 cfm flow 48mm diameter

its not a whistle blower:3Confused
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:30:33 PM by exiled-viking »

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 10:31:13 PM »
Blower = supercharger ;)

Offline exiled-viking

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 11:29:57 PM »
Sorry mate i thought you where talking about the ram air feed, the supercharger is a pettit set up

which sadly they do not make any more i think they priced them selfs out the the EU market.:Hammer:Hammer

THE NEWS UPDATES
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:40:21 PM by exiled-viking »

Offline exiled-viking

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
THE NEWS UPDATES

Got the donor Engine yesterday so the build is on track for the new year some pick,s to follow :)

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 03:29:10 AM »
What ecu are you going to use and what psi do you hope to run the blower at? Other that fuel pump what other engine upgrades are required? And what is the expected bhp gain?   Very interested in this route for me at a later date.
92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Will66

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2013, 06:44:39 AM »
It has an HKS F-Con V ECU and the blower runs at 8 psi. The kit was sold without needing a fuel pump upgrade but the stock RX8 pump gets a bit tired after a few years so an upgrade prevents it going lean in later life.
RX8 High Power, Cusco Coilovers, Dotz wheels and flames. Shoe Size 12

Apparently putting details of your car spec in your signature means the nice folks on exile-rotorsport think you\'re a fool.  I can think of no higher compliment!

"Eat it with a chopstick!"

Offline exiled-viking

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New Engine Project
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2013, 11:52:05 PM »
This engine build is being done due to the fact that its almost done 50,000 miles on the clock and so i feel i have had its optimum life span now and i want to keep the car  also when the new engine has been built i will still have a old engine that will be built to the same specks as the new build so i will have one on the shelf as a spare!!!

My HKS ECU is an F-Con IS and its running well below 8 psi, (so plenty of room to expand my build )  The fuel pump will be a walbro 225 and this is being fitted to omit intermit-ant delivery over 7800rpm with the set up i have, we have plans to beef up some of the internals and street port and supercharge the engine.

Also i intend to fit one of these  Mazda RX8 OIL SYSTEM UPGRADE KIT
04-08 RX-8 Racing Beat Uprated Oil Pressure Regulator - 90-95 PSI plus Thermal Bypass Pellet Replacement kit so you know the oil is properly getting to the places it should all around the engine as part of the build.

The new aluminium radiator with the better racing beat oil cooler lines will also help in cooling. plus up rated water pump, a bespoke ram air system working off two 55mm ram air pumps to help with air flow from the superchargers intercoolers through to the the cars radiator, plus air flow over and past the exhaust manifold.

A slightly different exhaust system  RACING BEAT 3" STRAIGHT THROUGH SILENCED DE-CAT PIPE

The engine will have my old map in at first but will be remapped as we go along

when i first started the build some 6 years ago, it was a project with belts and braces, and even on its third engine second supercharger  this present  set up has been running for the last 18 months at up and around the middle 350 BHP there was still plenty of performance left how ever i still want to get performance, fuel economy, and engine longevity, as a daily driver, I now feel the way we intend to go the below quoted BHP might be able to obtain if not i still will have one hell of a road car.

I have got some of the donor engine stripped down, the main bulk of it will be sent to clive to hold till we start the build the rest of it will be worked on by me

I am hoping for around 370 to 390 BHP again of 30 BHP would be nice and i think not asking to much

the plan is to run mine till the new engine is built then swop out some of the periphery and add the parts that in am doing and add a refurbished supercharger

hoping the car should not be off the road for more than two weeks also when the engine is out this will be the time to add all the add on,s and give the engine bay a good overhaul.

As we progress i will post up some facts figures and plenty of photos of the build
I do not have the knowledge of all the rotary as sum but there are a lot of clever people out there willing to give me a hand in this new venture.

I am a person that likes to do it, get it done, show its working, and then talk about it.

spent so far £3570.00 total build cost for what i want around £8000.00

And why not you carn,t  take your money with you and i might die tomorrow but at least in my retirement i am doing what i wanted to do and thats have fun

THE NEWS UPDATES  

sorry for any bad grammar or spelling mistakes but i don\'t care that much either.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:00:30 AM by exiled-viking »