Author Topic: All great things have a beginning  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
Re: All great things have a beginning
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2020, 06:03:34 PM »
So things have ground to a halt as iv just got my house sold and have just had an offer accepted on my new much bigger one! With a garage that will fit a car in much better. Allow me to work on things easier it all goes through smoothly and they want it all completed by 28th February

Just ordered an rx8 steering rack so I can at least tow the car up there rather than pay for a transporter etc i will get it bolted in so steering works.

I Have been looking at the mx5 subframe and I think I should have just used that as the mounting points lend them selves to support the engine mounts on my engine

I'm going to get it cleaned up and painted and make a decision as it's not really hard to swap them back over at this point as I haven't fabbed mounts as of yet

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I was looking at mounting the MX5 PAS in the space of the AC Compressor on the RX8 enigne.

Also

I know that GarageReg (Colum) has developed a Hydraulic PAS kit for the 13B-REW. Might be worth dropping him a message. He posted an instagram story last year showing the kit and "stay tuned"
I'm not interested in having power steering work right now as I doubt I will be driving this on the road much if at all.

Thanks anyway

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
Re: All great things have a beginning
« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2020, 02:45:20 PM »

Just quickly thrown the rx8 rack on, obviously the rx8 is a bit wider than the front so I need to lay racks next to each other and work out how to get the rx8 one to the correct length which should just mean turning the end bits, what ever they're called lol

I take it the ends that attach to the hubs are the same diameter,