Author Topic: Will anyone be interested in a rear window RUBBER seal?  (Read 369 times)

Offline Skifledanabit

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Will anyone be interested in a rear window RUBBER seal?
« on: November 05, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »
I have a contact via my job to a company that makes rubber goods for industrial purposes, they also make rubber seals for classic cars such as the Jag E-Type, I showed their rep the plastic seal for the rear window the the FC and he said they would be able to replicate a rubber version.

This has multiple pros, mainly the fact it would be much cheaper, more hard wearing, more resistant to knocks and shocks and easier to replace if it does get damaged.

I have see lots of topics asking where to get replacements of these and they never seem to have definitive answers, so my question is, would you be interested?

I don\'t have a price yet, but he did say that the Jag front windscreen rubbers are sold for £14 tops so I can imagine they would be along these lines.

If you also want to enquire about any other rubber seals, let me know and I will try and get a price for those too.

I would guess this would also be of interest to FD owners and other cars with rear hatches like this. so spread the word around and we\'ll try and get as many people sorted as possible in one go.
1989 Gen 2 EGi http://www.missbanzai.net
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]