Author Topic: Seen This on Pistonheads  (Read 788 times)

Offline Skifledanabit

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Seen This on Pistonheads
« on: October 11, 2013, 03:12:08 PM »
steep price for an FC, but the seller obviously knows a lot about the car judging by the write up. I hope that price is a sign of things to come, even for a Cat C!

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mazda/rx-7/rx7-fc-track-car/1757799

Description
Mazda RX7 FC3s Turbo 2 coupe Track car
130000 miles
MOT till 28/04/2014
TAX till 31/10/2013
Registered as a Cat C 2006

Mechanicals
I\'ve done a full service replacing all fluids changed (Engine, Gearbox, Differential). The engine starts hot and cold with no use of the throttle. Previous owner had a second hand engine and refurbished turbo fitted. I\'ve fitted new water pump gaskets, Water pump, Oil metering pump, OMP oil lines, AUX belts and ECU, The engine is running perfectly with no leaks. Koyo dual pass large core radiator fitted. Keeps the car cool on track. Which is a must on a rotary. It has a stainless power flow decatted exhaust system, which is not overly loud or offensive, comes in at 92db on static tests. The engine has solid transmission mounts and engine mounts. Differential has been change to a torsen LSD out of a later FD RX7, it originally had a open diff.

Wheels / suspension
The suspension has been completely overhauled. I\'ve fitted BC RM coilovers, which had very little use and are in nearly new condition which retail for £800. The car now has completely solid and spherical swing arm bushes. Rear sub frame and diff mounts are solid bushes as well. The car has rear camber drop links installed.
The wheels fitted are 16" R32 skyline forged wheels. Continental sport contact tyres all round. The wheels fit the car perfectly with no rubbing issues and fill out the arches much better than the originals. Also it has new lightweight nuts fitted,

Body
The car is structurally sound and has had substantial welding done to the floor. There is some rust on the sunroof and on rear just behind the rear arch. The car was registered as Cat C in 2006. From looking at the car I\'ve ascertained that it has suffered a front end shunt. When I bought the car it had an early EGi bumper fitted and also an earlier nearside wing. The panel gaps are good also and the front crash structure is original to the car, so can\'t have been that bad of a crash. With body panels being expensive on RX7\'s the insurance company will write them off with little damage.The car has had a full respray which personally isn\'t the best of jobs, orange peel is evident on most of the car. The car has also picked up it far few bents over its 23 years on the road. The driver side door lock has damage thanks criminal minded individual. I\'ve taken out the sunroof as and replaced with a aluminium sheet. It\'s fully sealed and doesn\'t leak. The reason for removal is due to head room as at 6" 3 with a helmet on I didn\'t fit in the car. Also took 30 KG\'s out of the car.

Interior
The car has been stripped out inside. Sabelt bucket seats and 4 point race harnesses. Seats are fully adjustable and on rails. OMP steering wheel. I\'ve left a couple of creature comforts like radio, not that you can really hear it anymore. Also I\'ve fitted a more accurate coolant temp gauge into the dash. The car has lost about 90KG from interior and sunroof removal.

Electronics
Windows are still electric. Car will still pass and MOT as I\'ve retained all harness wiring. Car is fitted with a Toad ai606 alarm and immobiliser. Central locking comes with 1 key and 1 remote fob.

The car is currently fully road legal. With the solid driveline mounts and with all sound deadening removed it is loud. So you could use it as a road car still, but it\'s defiantly more track focused. On track it handles very well. I\'ve had my fun out of the car building it to what it is now, I\'ve taken it on a few track days where the car performed floorlessly. I just don\'t think I\'m going to get to use it very often anymore, due to a few things in my life changing. So if anyone is looking for a ready to go cheap track car it\'s perfect. I have done a build thread on pistonheads showing what I\'ve done to the car. http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1250927
1989 Gen 2 EGi http://www.missbanzai.net
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mazzyrx7

Seen This on Pistonheads
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 07:00:32 AM »
That would be my track car you\'ve spotted.

I\'m not sure i\'ll get what I\'m asking for the car, but I\'m only asking what it has cost me to get it where it is now in parts. It really is a great little track car, fast enough on track and the handling is pretty good and surprises a lot more expensive machines. I\'ve just decided to sell it as I\'m moving and I\'m not going to get that many opportunities to take it out on track anymore. I don\'t really want to leave it sitting around unused.

Offline Skifledanabit

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Seen This on Pistonheads
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:38:59 PM »
I did think I saw it in the for sale section yesterday. it does look nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline shifty biscuits

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Seen This on Pistonheads
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:56 PM »
mine now hahaha. its as good as it looks too. bit rough around the edges but a capable machine indeed.

Offline Skifledanabit

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Seen This on Pistonheads
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »
What are your plans for it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline shifty biscuits

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Seen This on Pistonheads
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »
well as i cant afford to keep this, another car and my bike on the road its my daily. i intend to do a few track days and the odd drift day in it.
i will fiddle with it as i cannot leave stuff alone ever! i do want get it on a ramp at some point soon and see what i have got to work with underneath, its had lots of welding in the past, i will check out the quality of the repairs and decide if its worth building a cage into it or not. then power!