Author Topic: got off lightly  (Read 612 times)

Offline Freddy

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Trans-Cars.co.uk
got off lightly
« on: August 01, 2004, 11:52:32 AM »
should think i\'ve been lucky.

cranked the car up this morning, went for a drive down to PC World, came out and theres a massive puddle coming from under the bonnet and ended near my front wheel. S**TE!

Started her up, coolant warning light comes up. Poured coolant in again and after starting up, once again all the coolant finished on the floor.

Hmmmm... then after closer inspection, realised the rubber housing which the radiator cap sits on had worn down and cracked... phew! :eek:

Hopefully, replacing that tomorrow should do the job!

MintyFresh

got off lightly
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 03:53:24 PM »
the classic "oh sh*t! my cars broke and gonna cost me a fortune" feeling.

i hope replacing it will sort the problem mate.

Offline Andyp

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
got off lightly
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 07:28:13 PM »
I got the same kinda thing happen to me few months back.. there I was driving along with the windows open *I like the exhaust noise dammit* and then I smell this smell... "mmm so sweet.. OH MY GOD A SWEET SMELL.. I\'m burning cooollannnt, I need a rebuild I\'m gonna die, yadda yadda"

turns out I was driving past a marzipan factory.. :rollin
The Beatles were prats.."Money can\'t buy me lovveeee".. utter rubbish. You can buy love here

Buy my car foo! :D

Offline MikeLMR

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
got off lightly
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 09:05:01 PM »
had the same thing happen on friday night with the 323 gti ... checked the exhaust and found the tell tail steam in the exhaust ... bugger it, headgasket had gone :(  stripped it down on saturday and found the engine mounting boss on the block smashed to pieces and badly welded up = New engine :reallymad Doh.

So now I\'ve spent the whole weekend swapping what was a decent engine (well I suppose it still is bar the engine mounting) for a 125\'000 mile smoker that I bought just for the gearbox :rolleyes:  :(

14 days till its next rally too !