Author Topic: Alan Bryer R.I.P  (Read 2038 times)

Online clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Alan Bryer R.I.P
« on: June 12, 2013, 08:34:01 PM »
It was with great sadness that today I learnt that Alan Bryer, who owned H.G.Bryer and Sons in Wales has died of a sudden heart attack.

Alan was very proud to be the oldest still trading Mazda dealer in the UK, with his father even selling a few R100\'s which "officially"  never came to the UK, Mazda actually recognised this a couple of years back with a special commemorative dinner  where only the oldest dealers from each European  country were invited.  

Alan became a good mate of mine over the years and was looking forward to coming along to my first race with the RX-8 as he never lost his interest in competitive Mazda\'s over the years,

This was an interest which started with Alan Rallying a 4WD 323 back in the eighties, indeed for a number of years he had a Pilbeam single seater he owned and entered in the British Hillclimb championship and as recently as last year had a car entered in the MX-5 championship.  

Alan was an extremely affable, likable man with a passion for Rotarys who helped a huge amount of people not only here but also all around the world with particularly old skool parts and knowledge, plus I am proud to say he was also one of our very first Mazdarotaryclub members

Alan will be sadly missed by not only myself and Lisa  but also by many many others.

Alan Bryer R.I.P
All the best Clive

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • South West
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fc3s.co.uk/
Alan Bryer R.I.P
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »
Thats a real shame :(
Brap Brap Brap Brap

Offline HaywardRotary

• MRC Supporting Advertiser
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Hayward Rotary
Alan Bryer R.I.P
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:59:38 PM »
Having known Alan for manyat least 15 years I was was also very sad to hear of this.
Alan was a decent chap who actually liked Mazda cars even though in later years Mazda themselves made running a dealership very hard work!
He will be missed.
My deep sympathies to his family at this time.
Carl
We warranty our rebuilt engines for Detonation, track day\'s and RWYB and NOW for 30 months which is two and half years or 30,000 miles
We also build all types of race or road engines.
We build race and track cars too.
Any kind of porting undertaken.
Single turbo conversions.
S

Offline steve garbutt

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Alan Bryer R.I.P
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:51:21 AM »
Only spoke to him a few times on the phone but he was always a gent.
He definitely had a passion for Mazda\'s our thoughts go out to his friends and family.
Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.
Steve@mazdarotaryclub.com

Offline Will66

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Alan Bryer R.I.P
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »
Sad to hear of his passing.  I think I made parts for his Pilbeam when I was a teenager working at Pilbeam.
RX8 High Power, Cusco Coilovers, Dotz wheels and flames. Shoe Size 12

Apparently putting details of your car spec in your signature means the nice folks on exile-rotorsport think you\'re a fool.  I can think of no higher compliment!

"Eat it with a chopstick!"

Offline KenD

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • Pembrokeshire
    • View Profile
Alan Bryer R.I.P
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:59:23 PM »
Very sad to hear.  I never had then pleasure of meeting him but his passion and enthusiasm for Mazda and the rotary engine was well known in these parts.  If I my echo others and extend my sympathies to his family and work colleagues alike.
Ken

Offline Arnie_O

• Major Contributor
  • Boosted RENESIS
    • South Ockendon, Essex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aston.osborne?ref=profile
Alan Bryer R.I.P
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 10:24:52 AM »
Truly sad news.
This did not register on my part until Clive mentioned it the other day.
I only had one dealing with Alan and that was buying a HKS Catback from him for a mate.
He called me and we had a real pleasant discussion. His passion for Rotaries really came through.
It was only later that the link with Clive and the MRC became apparent after I mentioned Clive\'s name.
He will be truly missed and I will look at that HKS Legamax in a different light from now on
Turbocharged 192ps RX-8 running Meth Injection on an Adaptronic
Fully Bridgeported 231ps RX-8 stripped for the Track
2nd Gen RX-7 TurboII on a GT35r (show winner)