Author Topic: Japfest 2013  (Read 2328 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Japfest 2013
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »
Really good day out with old and new faces on the stand, disappointing turnout with only around 16 cars on the stand of the 30 booked, BUT all of you who came made up a club stand that I  would say the best and most varied there with HUGE interest on the stand all day

Between you all, you showed the Japanese car community  just how wonderfully diverse MRC is, with standard road cars from old and new , to show cars, plus race cars, all  that many onlookers would love to see in their garages :Thumbsup!

Here are a couple of pictures but I know that Ann and Neil took lots that I hope will be on this thread soon.
All the best Clive

Offline davehg

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.davesfto.50megs.com
Japfest 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
I have to say it was a great day out and the weather held out pretty good as well. Some great cars and a lot of ideas to take away and think about. Many tha Los to Clive and Lisa again for all the effort. Hope the woman I scared has got over the fright and sorted her hair out. 😄
There are performance cars and then there is the RX-7...........

12.3 second 1/4 mile, terminal speed of 122mph (1st ever drag run on a TO4R)

engine built by....... umm me! now powered by a T51 Kai......

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 07:09:07 PM »
Darn darn darn...i missed Clives race car....i think i looked round the rx8 stand....when the Subaru caught fire on folly ....i walked up the path by the track darn darn darn.
92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline exiled-viking

• exiled Viking modding on MRC
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:15:54 PM »
thanks to lisa and clive for an enjoyable day and the chat with club members a good day out:Viking

Offline Timmyc

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 09:58:18 PM »
I must admit I was a little disappointed when I walked up the the stand, was looking forward to seeing a massive turnout, but what I saw looked pretty awesome plus a reg on a blue fd that is only 1 digit different to my fc one, hopefully be in contact next year to bring the fc and fd down :-) hope everyone had a good day :-)

Offline AMH

• MRC Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »
Neil and I had a great day, thanks to Clive and Lisa as always.

Last year almost put me off Castle Coombe but much improved this year, took us longer to get out than in. And I\'ve still got a red face (but that might be wind-burn :p )

I can categorically state that my car got the least attention of the RX-8\'s on the stand but I think my nerves would have been shot to pieces if I had as many people crawling all over my car as Tony and Clive did. :eek

Here are Neil\'s pics:
https://plus.google.com/photos/100088644024501606351/albums/5876828477184818385
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:08:38 AM by AMH »
1st March 2005 - 31st Dec 2009: STRATO RX-8 WITH MEGA BLING ALLOYS - TWOC :(
Delivered 12th March 2010: AURORA BLUE RX-8 R3 :)

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 2
    • UK
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 12:08:56 AM »
Great pictures by Neil :god He even got a few good ones of mine on track :cool

Glad the expected rain held off for much of the day. The track sessions were fantastic; really pleased we were able to showcase some varied RX machinery to the crowds, shame more people didn\'t take up the opportunity to go out on a track session:confused:. As we were all club members the track etiquette was superb. Really pleased to see (and hear) Pukka\'s awesome RX-7 roar past me on track, and to see Clive\'s excellent RX-8 WIP :Thumbsup!

This is a really good show and I would urge anyone to make an effort to come along next year, whether just on the stand, or on track too!

Well done to Clive and Lisa for organising.
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active

Offline GreySilver Beast

• Major Contributor
    • West Sussex
    • View Profile
    • N.P.T.Communications
Japfest 2013
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »
Was impressed with the MRC Stand :Thumbsup! as it was a perfect spot to get to Track Time,as you didn\'t have as many people to drive through :yes

I may put my car on your Stand next year,so as my car isn\'t lost in a sea of R3\'s :Giggle
Nigel - GSB-TDU

Offline Markp

• MRC Full Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Japfest 2013
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
A thoroughly enjoyable day, and at least the weather held off, as always some very interesting stuff to look at, and met up with some very nice folks for a chat. Will definitely be there next year. Many thanks to Clive and Lisa as always, Clive I think the RX8 is great.

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:03:33 PM »
^^ Mark, it was great to meet and chat with you about your Elford Turbo on Saturday. I hope to catch up with again at another show sometime soon.
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.

Offline Markp

• MRC Full Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Japfest 2013
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
Hi Casey, i thoroughly enjoyed meeting you on Saturday and having a chat, keep me posted as to how your project progresses, and hopefully we will meet again, soon. Good Luck!

Offline shiro7

• MRC Full Club Member
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 05:02:32 PM »
A really good day out, even though it was a grey old day.
Thanks again to Lisa and Clive for organising. As Clive said although not the biggest stand, one of the best on the day.
One of my favourite bits of the day, whilst looking at Clives rx8, two guys come over and their conversation went:
1st guy: So then, whats so special about this one?
2nd guy: Oh you see its got one-of-them engines in the middle, middle engine,                                    engine mid, its there and not over there..
1st guy: Oh right, is that why it looks different?
2nd guy: Oh yeah thats right, and that bit should be over there. Oh hang on a minute, I see, thats the bottom of the engine, the engines been put in upside down! :Hammer:rollin:rollin

Offline C J R

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 09:52:54 PM »
Let me add my thanks to Lisa and Clive for arranging this event again. It was my first opportunity to meet some old friends this year as I\'ve missed a few track days.
Big thanks to Shaun for recognising my \'track fever\' and taking me out on both track sessions. Your car sure does spool up very quickly.
Ann and Neil - great photos as usual.
Glad I had chance to meet Phil and Mrs Phil, your car sure sets a very high standard.
Clive, your build seems to have confused some of the public !!
Jim, your driving style was inspirational as usual.
Happy to report the FD\'s new engine handled the 450 mile round trip, only another 550 to go before Cadwell !!

Chris

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »
Relieved to hear you got home without incident Chris :Thumbs-up

Fingers crossed here that things go smoothly and you can enjoy a day out at Cadwell at the end of the month to relieve your track withdrawal symptoms :Laugh

Offline shaunwil

• Extra Special Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Japfest 2013
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »
Really happy I got the car fixed and to the track. Always happy to have a passenger in the FD. Car ran perfect all weekend considering the surgery to the back-end and loom !

First session I think we where chasing Casey so was re-learning the track. Catching them up through the corners and just keeping distance in the straights helped alot. Whoever was in front of me was trying because they got quite out of shape a couple of times :Giggle.

Second run was dry too which was awesome :D Got to 7k in 4th on the pit lane straight (if you can call it a staight) to hit the massive bump to turn left. Mainly used 3rd and 4th all round the track, just felt in places I couldn\'t do a gear change up and back again so sat on 7k in 3rd. Loved chucking the car into the chicanes and getting 4 wheel drift in and out getting close to the rumble strip.

Wonder if the angry lady has still got a sore foot ! Driving through the crowds in the sellers area was still really difficult, wished we could get the area we got a couple of years ago.

Cheers everyone for the day, I really needed to get down and remember why I spend time sorting the car out.

Just off for some tyres for cadwell now :Giggle

Shaun
1994 White FD with A-spec GT3574R - 358bhp at the hubs at 0.9bar :3gears-lh
2003 Mondeo 2lt 130ps Diesel Estate Daily :driving