Author Topic: Mazda Premacy  (Read 629 times)

Offline TiddlesRX7

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Mazda Premacy
« on: November 24, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
I\'ve just bought a 2004 Mazda Premacy for my wife as our family car. Has anyone on here had one or got one. Just wondering if there is anything to watch out for or any recommendations for upgrades etc. The one I have bought it the 2.0ltr Petrol Sport model.

Cheers

Ade
I don\'t need to upgrade my stock turbo to beat your ass!

Get your finger out, get it on the road and start driving it then!!! (B.Martin 25/2/12)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Mazda Premacy
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »
Nearly bought one of these a couple of years ago as a run around but it had sold by the time we went back

Rang a Mazda dealer mate who told me that after 200,000 the rings will go but you just put another set in and it should go for another 200 k :Viking

Hope this helps
All the best Clive

Offline TiddlesRX7

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Mazda Premacy
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:46:54 AM »
Cheers Clive. Thats good to know. I\'ve had nothing but trouble with cheap family cars for the last 4 or 5 years. I am hoping this is the end of trouble.

Get your finger out, get it on the road and start driving it then!!! (B.Martin 25/2/12)

Offline daverey

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
Mazda Premacy
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »
Had 2 over the last 6 years, apart from usual service parts I have only had rear calipers and discs  and a rear ABS sensor replaced. Calipers and discs had seized due to car sat on forecourt of garage for too long and ABS as a result of the heat generated when the brakes seized.
Dave

Offline TiddlesRX7

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Mazda Premacy
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
Good to know. I had the dealership change the rear discs and pads before I picked the car up last week as one of the callipers looked like it was siezed a bit. So far I can\'t fault it, a lot of car for not much money. My only gripe is the info screen reads in ltrs used per 100 miles! Whats all that about? Whats wrong with good old MPG!

Ade

Offline Will66

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Mazda Premacy
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 03:49:35 PM »
There\'s probably a button that changes it to MPG which, despite being imperial and therefore mathematically backward, does at least make sense.
RX8 High Power, Cusco Coilovers, Dotz wheels and flames. Shoe Size 12

Apparently putting details of your car spec in your signature means the nice folks on exile-rotorsport think you\'re a fool.  I can think of no higher compliment!

"Eat it with a chopstick!"