Author Topic: Solid Mark 1 1990 Mx5, 1.6, Hard Top With A Few Mods  (Read 163 times)

Offline m1tch

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Solid Mark 1 1990 Mx5, 1.6, Hard Top With A Few Mods
« on: August 25, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »
Hi all,

I am now going to sell my MX5 that I have only recently aquired off a   mate in part ex for my RX7, I have decided to stay with just the 1 car   as I can\'t justify running 2 cars again! I have done a bit to it since I   have had it even though I havn\'t had it for that long, I was planning   to have it as a track car so decided to make sure everything was up to   spec and ive added a few extra bits on as well.

Its a 1990 mark 1, 1.6 115bhp engine, its currently on 157k miles   but it still pulls really well, very good oil pressure and there isn\'t   anything wrong with it, its technically low mileage for the age! lol  the  tax runs out in October and the MOT is valid until April 2013

Here are the list of mods/parts uprated:

Induction kit
De-canistered engine bay
Manifold back straight through exhaust - not massivly loud but sounds amazing when under load
1.8 clutch and flywheel - I changed this from the 1.6 clutch and   flywheel as the 1.8 clutch can hold more power as standard as its   slightly larger so won\'t slip even if you do run more power through it
Carbon fibre in centre console
Lowered on Raceland coilovers - was done by the previous owner and they aren\'t actually that bad
Under chassis braces
Standard Momo wheel
Front lip splitter
Short shifter - makes a very nice gear change
Sleepy eye kit - option to turn on or back to stock via a switch
Uprated and brand new HT leads
Brand new battery
Adhesive front number plate - I have checked with Mazda main dealer and   they are happy with it as its the legal size and reflective
Cambelt has been changed recently - however no paperwork - I checked all   the timing and indexed the engine myself when doing a full check over   of the car when I got it.

The car is solid, please see below for a photo of the previous MOT,   please note the fact that it has NO advisories on it, its all been   sorted and is a very solid car and would make a great base for a track   car, there are only a few minor things I need to flag up though for a   few aspects on the car. The key thing I need to flag is a small bit of   rust just behind the drivers side door, I have temporarly patched this   using vinyl to keep any rain etc out but it would need some attention at   some point - its not bad, it just needs tending to at some point. The   hard top seal on the drivers side has come out of the groove slightly -   its still 100% waterproof though, but would just need to be popped  back  in (It might have shrunk slightly in the heat). The rear window on  the  soft top has a split in it, however the roof is completly  waterproof and  would only need the centre window to be replaced. The  rear spoiler has  also been removed due to the fact that it needs to be  repainted, I was  planning to paint it but have decided to sell the car  instead, it will  be included with the sale including all fittings etc -  just needs to be  repainted then refitted.

I will take some more photos of the car when the weather gets slightly   better, however please see below for the most recent photos of the car -   please note that some don\'t show the above changes.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about the car, I want it to go   to a good home, if you are wanting a good solid mark 1 with some nice   extras, with regards to pricing there are 2 levels, with or without the   hard top:

Including the hard top price - £1500 ono
Excluding the hard top - £1200 ono

Here are some photos of the car - I will be getting more soon

You can see why I removed the rear spoiler:

Previous MOT showing 0 advisories:

Offline m1tch

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »
Just given it a quick wash and taken some more photos of how it  stands at the moment, ive taken off the hard top so show everyone what  its like/options- im currently sorting out the spoiler so that will be  added at some point when its done

Here is the bit of trim coming away from the hard top - please note that the hard top has never leaked

Here  is the bit of damage to the rear window, the rest of the hood is in top  condition, im guessing it has been replaced at some point, would only  need a new rear window (perhaps time to upgrade to a heated rear)

Here  is the only bit of work the car will need at some point, ive covered it  in some waterproof vinyl at the moment, the actual bit that needs  welded isn\'t very large though

Interior

Offline m1tch

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »
Matt black spoiler painted and fitted:

Offline m1tch

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »