Author Topic: For the want of a better title...MazdaFest 2013  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Marcrs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.paragonautofinishing.co.uk
For the want of a better title...MazdaFest 2013
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »
Yes, most tracks follow the same rules. They are allowed a certain number of days for "racing" - where noise is not an issue. Thruxton are allowed 12 days per year!!

The rest of the time they are allowed to have track days for "road cars" - and the levels vary by track - agreed, 90 is quite low...

I have a feeling I will need a more central track with a higher noise level...

Offline Marcrs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »
Quote from: rx7boy;823688
Lol 115db here :) never going to get on lol,

I doubt you\'ll get into any of the track days :(

Offline Mir

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »
I don\'t really know why does a DB really matter!! :/ what damage a sound going to inflict on the track??? Oh noise pollution is it? Whatever !!!!!!!!
I am building a Genuine Fastest Street Rotary!
No Cutting and No Removals
Love FDs. Currently own:
20b-Triple Rotor,Single turbo FD
13B- Two Rotor, 2000spec on Stock Twins-FD
13B- Two Rotor, Single Turbo FD
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngone 
It takes some money for engineering a proper 20b

My C

Offline RX8Head

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:20 PM »
It might be worth dropping Malcolm(Casey) a pm as he organises joint MRC/RX8OC track days in association with Mazda On Track.

Also if you\'re looking for somewhere a bit cheaper you could try Bylton Park Raceway we(RX8OC) did a track day there for our Annual Meet/AGM weekend back in March and it works out about half the price of most of the other tracks as it doesn\'t have the history or facilities that some of the more established tracks have.
The track it\'s self is on an old airfield(aren\'t most of them) with some new tarmac cut into the old concert, it\'s a nice track and it very good for first timers as there\'s no armco right near the side of the track so if you do make a mistake you\'re unlike anything hard.

I know there are quite a few guys over on the RX8OC club who do track days in fact we had two sessions at Japfest which were full with 20 cars in each session with about 30 different cars on track plus some of us were also out in one or both of the MRC sessions, I was out in both the RX8OC session and one of the MRC sessions, so might be worth throwing a post up there as well(if you need any help with that then let me know as i\'m a moderator over there).
Oh and I may well be up for this :3gears-lh.
Chris :3gears-lh
Home of the RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here :D.

Offline shaunwil

• Extra Special Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 03:41:42 PM »
Dbl levels are usually between 98 and 105 dbl. A lot of rotors run the 105 days because noise can be a big issue. Nobody had a problem at japfest and that was 100dbl.

Trouble is the more trackdays these tracks get the more they have too look after noise for their neighbours. Donnington has a counciler living near by and they have stupid levels of control over noise. If your black flagged they tell you to leave.

Shaun
1994 White FD with A-spec GT3574R - 358bhp at the hubs at 0.9bar :3gears-lh
2003 Mondeo 2lt 130ps Diesel Estate Daily :driving

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 05:24:41 PM »
It really is bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: don\'t like noise don\'t buy a house next to a race circuit! Castle Coombe  has the same problem 105 for race days 100 for track days.....its been a racing circuit since 1955!
92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi.  EX Track car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 06:28:36 PM »
Marc, excellent idea to arrange something like this. I\'d encourage anyone to have a go at organising trackday events. As you can see it is a bit of a minefield, esp with things like 90dB sound limits. Even some RX-8\'s with aftermarket exhausts and decats will struggle with that.

As has been mentioned, I think a venue worth looking at might be Blyton Park. The price should work out nearer £100 than £200, which will help get more people interested. The circuit is fun, has lots of run-off and is reasonably central for UK (nr Doncaster). It\'s a bit like Cadwell Park in that there are no garages, but it\'s not as "daunting" a circuit if you are trying to attract people who may never have done a trackday before. There are no formal noise tests, but very noisy cars may be black flagged. It\'s a very "friendly" place for running a "closed" event, as the RX8OC found when they ran a club event there in March.

Bear in mind there are some of us regulars going to Oulton Park in June and Snetterton in July. August has Rotostock and lots of people may be on holiday. I\'d possibly be up for a return to Blyton in September/October...
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984

Offline Marcrs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 08:21:52 PM »
Thanks guys, yes, the 90dB limit is a bit too low methinks, shame, as I like the idea of Thruxton :(

I\'ll talk to the chap at Bylton, thanks for the info - should please most people as it is pretty central...although the facilities are pretty limited...I am hoping to find somewhere that can support is with a restaurant at least...maybe a burger van or something could be the answer there???

I\'ll be discussing it with a couple of other circuits in the coming weeks, see what else gets offered.

This will be next year, late May / early June...plenty of time yet :)

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 11:05:41 PM »
There is a great burger van that usually attends Blyton - does some awesome meat pies!

Next year is good, plenty of time to plan around it in the schedule - I\'m in!
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984