Author Topic: ***Japfest 2012 Tracktime***  (Read 10677 times)

Offline Arnie_O

• Major Contributor
  • Boosted RENESIS
    • South Ockendon, Essex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aston.osborne?ref=profile
***Japfest 2012 Tracktime***
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »
Yeah... Still it\'s a little annoying their policies vary in price so much...
Turbocharged 192ps RX-8 running Meth Injection on an Adaptronic
Fully Bridgeported 231ps RX-8 stripped for the Track
2nd Gen RX-7 TurboII on a GT35r (show winner)

Offline GreySilver Beast

• Major Contributor
    • West Sussex
    • View Profile
    • N.P.T.Communications
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2012, 04:41:03 PM »
Have just Insured with REIS for £147.50 :)

Malcolm if you get another Session,may be interested,as am insured for the whole day :(
Nigel - GSB-TDU

vashy

« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2012, 08:54:04 PM »
If anyone with the now available slots wants to sell their track pass to me, I\'ll be there in the morning, if I can blag myself in early without one. If not, I got my track day helmet and will be hustling for passenger laps :3gears-rh

Offline Kodiak

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2012, 10:02:55 PM »
You may be able to have mine Vashy unless someone has a spare thermostat that they can drop off to me in the morning on their way past Swindon?

The car passed it\'s MOT but upon getting home I noticed it was still leaking coolant. I\'ve investigated to find that it was "heath-robinson\'d" and that the thermostat seal is knackered :(

Looks like I\'ll be attending in the Mazda2
FC3S T2 in Red(-ish)

2yr old daughter sits in car, says "It\'s too loud daddy"  :flamed

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2012, 10:08:33 PM »
Quote from: Kodiak;822899
You may be able to have mine Vashy unless someone has a spare thermostat that they can drop off to me in the morning on their way past Swindon?

The car passed it\'s MOT but upon getting home I noticed it was still leaking coolant. I\'ve investigated to find that it was "heath-robinson\'d" and that the thermostat seal is knackered :(

Looks like I\'ll be attending in the Mazda2

Instant gasket should sort that no problem !!!!!!!!
92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi.  EX Track car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Online boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2012, 10:16:34 PM »
I am all ready!!!!
 posted back in Feb local and takin a few tools and consumables . got 2 socket sets trolley jack oil brake fluid power steering fluid  jubilees, nut bolts, breaker bar, cable ties, gaffer tape, spanners  pump tyre seal k seal etc if your stuck on day my tools will be available for all  07840 966080 Jon Montego blue fd l414lhw:cheers
92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi.  EX Track car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2012, 09:57:19 AM »
A belated big thankyou to everyone who made it out on track. It was a fun experience for me out there, so I hope everyone esle had a good time with me. It was a real shame about Sicknote\'s "off" at Tower, but at least he and his passenger walked away unhurt and the car, I\'m sure, will be back soon.

Sorry to those of you who struggled with queues to get into the event, and to move your car from the stand to the paddock area. This was quite stressful and time consuming and spoilt the experince of the day somewhat. It also meant I wasn\'t able to seek everyone out to have a chat, so apologies if we didn\'t get to meet during the day.

As a result of this, both Lisa and I emailed the organisers to feedback our experience and we have received this reply from Kevin Stoddart of Future Publishing, the organisers;

Hi  

Thank you for raising your concerns about your day at Japfest with us.

Firstly, we would like to apologise that you found it a struggle to get your cars on track form the position you were based in and since your comments we would not position a club with track time here again.
The movement of vehicles within the site is something we do not take lightly but it is a risk anywhere in the circuit due to the nature of the event. We did employ a strategy this year to place all clubs with track time at Camp Corner where they could access the noise testing and assembly area easily. However, this area filled up quickly and since your club and the RX8OC booked so early, we employed the 1st come 1st served policy to give you a better position in the event (the position that was requested by the RX8 OC)  

We do have a track time parking area especially for drivers who have track time sessions close together where they can park their cars in between sessions; this is detailed clearly on the map in the show guide so you could have parked up in this area.

Hopefully this clarifies the reasons for your positioning but your comments have been duly noted and we can assure you this won’t happen again
We hope this doesn’t put you off attending Japfest in future years

Kind regards,

Kevin Stoddart
The Japfest team

Re the statement;

We do have a track time parking area especially for drivers who have track time sessions close together where they can park their cars in between sessions; this is detailed clearly on the map in the show guide so you could have parked up in this area.

I have emailed back to Kevin to state this WAS NOT the case on the day. Clive and I both asked numerous "officials" in the paddock area about provision for parking for tracktime cars with multiple sessions and we were CATEGORICALLY informed there was no such provision and we should return our cars to the club stand.

We can only hope that the organisers will learn form this year\'s event and make it even better next year. We will be reminding them of the negative aspects of the day next year, should we decide to run tracktime again.

However, taking the day as a whole, I thoroughly enjoyed my overall experience at Japfest this year.
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984

Offline Sicknote

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2012, 06:46:37 PM »
Hi Malcolm, I think I just got lucky on the day (if you leave out the obvious), I took your advice to go direct to the pit area
and was advised to go past the noise test area, out the back gate and turn left where the park area was marked for track
time cars, it made life really easy.  But they can\'t park ANY club with track time all the way over where we were coz
it\'s sooo narrow to get cars through among the crowds it was just time consuming and dangerous, lets hope they
get it right next year but I\'m not convinced as they\'ve now done it for 10 years and still not sorted the problems.

Dave

PS: still sorry about arsing up peoples track time

PPS: Some of you will know this but my Series 1 RS Turbo was stolen on Friday morning B950 ABW, I\'ve put it all over
the forums and Facebook etc.... keep em peeled for me guys.