Author Topic: Clive's 400 BHP Super GT RX-8 Race Car  (Read 58312 times)

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 2
    • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Clive's 400 BHP Super GT RX-8 Race Car
« Reply #2115 on: August 12, 2018, 07:26:43 PM »
I'm sure Clive will post up his usual report, but a few comments and photos from me whilst he's driving home.

After qualifying 7th on the grid, Clive had already climbed to 3rd place in the first race after less than half a lap. There was then an exciting, close race for 3rd/4th/5th place developing when, on the 3rd or 4th lap, Clive was shunted from the rear on braking for Agostini, ending his first race. Amazingly, on examining the car, it seemed there was no really serious damage, so Clive decided to continue into the 2nd race, starting from near the back of the grid (23rd of 26th place). He was climbing steadily through the field, up to 12th place after the first lap, before some issue must have occurred and retired  :-[

Not a good day for Clive - the positive note being the car was running really well until the shunt.

Some photos on Flickr here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16924880@N03/albums/72157694306053550

A few of from the collection:

Just after Tony Hunter, in the white Renault Clio 2000, had run into the back of Clive (see the deranged bodywork  :()

The impact sent Clive's car into a spin:
[
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
Re: Clive's 400 BHP Super GT RX-8 Race Car
« Reply #2116 on: Today at 02:55:45 PM »
Seen the crash vid..2 hits in quick succession..looks like a lunge up inside..followed by a 2nd bigger impact locked up...out of control..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.