Author Topic: ford capri , rotary powered ?  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Will66

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
ford capri , rotary powered ?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
Ignition on a 12 A is a dizzy and twin coils.  Not sure on a 13b EGI out of the car but you can run them on a distributor system.

Power potential on the motors is immense, a Ported 13b on an IDA carb could make 300 bhp, sounds immense too.

RX8 High Power, Cusco Coilovers, Dotz wheels and flames. Shoe Size 12

Apparently putting details of your car spec in your signature means the nice folks on exile-rotorsport think you\'re a fool.  I can think of no higher compliment!

"Eat it with a chopstick!"

Offline hayden

• Banned user
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »
12A\'s actually started with the RX-2 and 13B\'s the RX-4. An RX-4/5 13B is a very good engine, but getting hard to find these days.

12AT is also a good option but I\'m guessing for your buget you\'ll be looking at a pre 1985 RX-7 12A on a Nikki carb. Try and get the series 3 12A if you can as it has larger centre plate inlet ports (tall port we call em)

Give the guys on exile-rotorsport.com a shout as they\'re a club dedicated to the older Rotary engines and conversions. They also sell engines within the club for a lot cheaper than some of the ebay chancers.

Good luck with the project.

gumpy

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 11:07:06 AM »
Quote from: hayden;810820
12A\'s actually started with the RX-2 and 13B\'s the RX-4. An RX-4/5 13B is a very good engine, but getting hard to find these days.

12AT is also a good option but I\'m guessing for your buget you\'ll be looking at a pre 1985 RX-7 12A on a Nikki carb. Try and get the series 3 12A if you can as it has larger centre plate inlet ports (tall port we call em)

Give the guys on exile-rotorsport.com a shout as they\'re a club dedicated to the older Rotary engines and conversions. They also sell engines within the club for a lot cheaper than some of the ebay chancers.

Good luck with the project.

thanks for the info :Thumbs-up