Author Topic: 13b pp in a austin mini  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 10:23:14 PM »
A standard rotary engine can be rapped to 8,500 all day every day. The beauty of going with the PP is that you can tune your exhaust lengths and then also your inlet length to bring your power down the rev range.

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
hi grant yeah the engine has high comp rotors, the exhaust has 24" primaries and i\'ll have to get the rest made up, what would you recommend as a backbox i was told it makes a lot of difference compared to other engines, don\'t really want to turbo it to start with, i think 300bhp should do as a starting point, cause we race on dirt it often gets very dusty or muddy so the simpler the setup the better

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 10:44:07 PM »
this is the car when it was for sale on ebay some photos on there of when it had the busa in it   ebay number 120785992862

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 04:33:37 AM »
Awesome :)
Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline antnicuk

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 06:48:47 AM »
that does look fun.  The back box basically need to be as big in diameter as you can get in the car.  Pip will tell you bore size required but i think somewhere around 3 inch. The bigger the silencer the quieter it will be without having restriction.

It looks like a lot of work (money) goes into these cars considering they take a lot of abuse and damage.  Does a car last you a whole season?   Did you have a new one made?
400 BHP - 650 KG\'s = 616 BHP Per Ton of Rotary Power

That\'s the way to do it! :Thumbsup!

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 07:00:57 AM »
hi, there fully space framed, the shell just bolts straight off, so you might need a new shell once or maybe twice a season depending on your luck ( or driving style) most of the other breakages are just rose joint replacement, new shell costs about £1500 painted and stickered:Nono!

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 10:42:47 AM »
What diameter are your primaries? 2"?

Offline Mir

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 10:50:01 AM »
Great stuff! And if Pip is doing it, then you don\'t have to worry. THE MAN KNOWS HIS STUFF! The only think with Pip is that he seems to live in Dyno Room lolll.

Wishing you luck mate.

Cheers
Mir
I am building a Genuine Fastest Street Rotary!
No Cutting and No Removals
Love FDs. Currently own:
20b-Triple Rotor,Single turbo FD
13B- Two Rotor, 2000spec on Stock Twins-FD
13B- Two Rotor, Single Turbo FD
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngone 
It takes some money for engineering a proper 20b

My C

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »
thanks Mir and yes grant 2"

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
went to s:censored::censored::censored::censored:horpe speedway track for a meeting last night, and to meet a guy who ran a rotary in autograss, wanted to pick his brains on a few things, well after speaking to him for nearly two hours it seems that running a rotary might not be such a brilliant idea, for a few different reasons, so might have to part with the engine and have a rethink of my plans, so if anyone knows someone who might be interested in the engine feel free to let me know, 13b peripheral porting and engine built and mapped by pip gardner h/comp rotors, comes with microtech management,and everything to make it run, what sort of price should i be asking for this, thanks in advance:mad:

Offline TiddlesRX7

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »
Gutted. Whats the problem then?
I don\'t need to upgrade my stock turbo to beat your ass!

Get your finger out, get it on the road and start driving it then!!! (B.Martin 25/2/12)

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »
Fallen at the first hurdle :( is the engine brand new? And is it still under warranty?

Offline RotorHeid

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 07:55:45 PM »
Quote from: ARC91;796626
went to s:censored::censored::censored::censored:horpe speedway track for a meeting last night, and to meet a guy who ran a rotary in autograss, wanted to pick his brains on a few things, well after speaking to him for nearly two hours it seems that running a rotary might not be such a brilliant idea, for a few different reasons, so might have to part with the engine and have a rethink of my plans, so if anyone knows someone who might be interested in the engine feel free to let me know, 13b peripheral porting and engine built and mapped by pip gardner h/comp rotors, comes with microtech management,and everything to make it run, what sort of price should i be asking for this, thanks in advance:mad:

Thta\'s a great idea to get rid of the engine cos it\'s not suitable for autograss due to tractorable(SP),nosie and heat.
PP\'s best suit to cicle(SP) racing like silverstone track... or Hillclimbing....(125dB max)
go for bike engine and  it\'s cheaper in long run..;)

to cut a long talk short, that autograss broke ellis(?) that you had  talking to\'s frae somewhere near Yorkshire.
 the engine was rebuild by Pip about 4 years ago with racing beat PP rotor housings, 9.7 ratio  lightrotors, there\'s nothing more special there andjust a basic good race engine.
the price should be around £3000 max for a good  rebuild.
hope it helps.

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
thanks for the replies £2500 be a fair price then