Author Topic: 13b pp in a austin mini  (Read 3199 times)

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« on: October 25, 2011, 05:40:24 PM »
hi i\'m Gary have been racing class 7 autograss for a while now with a rear engine rear wheel drive big bore hayabusa in a mini, have decided to go rotary for next season, already got an engine will be mounting it transversley with a 3 speed GBZ race box, the engine comes with microtech management is this any good, will probably have lots of questions ( some probably stupid ) over the next few months, as the build proceeds, might even have it displayed at the autosport show at the NEC if its finished in time this is a link to a you tube video to give you some idea of what the car will be used for    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGct9jpCUM  :WaveBye

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fc3s.co.uk/
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
Awesome stuff!
At the end of the day, it\'s meant to be fun - not a political movement! :burnout
[xbox.card]BrettMRC[/xbox.card]

Offline shaunwil

• Extra Special Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 06:16:03 PM »
Looks loads of fun !

There is a very good microtech section on RX7club : http://www.rx7club.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111 Which is worth having a browse.

Welcome aboard :D

Shaun
1994 White FD with A-spec GT3574R - 358bhp at the hubs at 0.9bar :3gears-lh
2003 Mondeo 2lt 130ps Diesel Estate Daily :driving

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 06:45:33 PM »
Wild stuff :2eek

A very interesting project - I\'m sure there are some MRC members on here can advise as you go along. Keep us posted on progress!
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
First of all welcome to MRC,

Not sure what is allowed in class 7 but can you not turbo it to get some real horsepower or is it a built PP engine already,

What ever you do we all wish you the very best of luck next year and if your able to post pictures, I know lots of people from all over the world will be interested :Thumbsup!
All the best Clive

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
Don\'t forget Clive that a PP 13B can produce just over 300 Fwhp. If done correctly, and by the right person ;)  And I would imagine this would be more power than what the hiyabusa engines are producing??

Turbo rotary power is the way to go though.

Offline fil_auto

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:46:11 PM »
that looks fantastic... the pull / power from them, wheelies FTW :)

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »
hi guys, the engine is putting out just under 300bhp at the mo n/a, because we race on dirt you have to be able to get the power down if i was going turbo i would probably go for a non sequential twin set up, its all about power to weight and traction, the hayabusa was a bit light on loose or wet surfaces so hoping the extra weight will help with traction, engine built and mapped by pip by the way

Offline TiddlesRX7

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 08:51:56 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun that does. Hope the engine swap goes well. Keep us updated with  pic\'s and vid\'s along the way.

Where do you race them at?

Ade
I don\'t need to upgrade my stock turbo to beat your ass!

Get your finger out, get it on the road and start driving it then!!! (B.Martin 25/2/12)

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »
oh and clive the only thing your not allowed in class 7 is turbo charged or supercharged motorbike derived engines, the most common set ups are big bore single bike engines, twin bike engine, v8,s and supercharged s2000 engines with a few millington diamonds and powertec v8,s thrown in,:driving

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 08:56:01 PM »
hi Ade we race all over the country, theres a track near you just off the M6 at penrith, if your going to the autosport show in january the class 7s run demo races in the live racing arena, usually a good watch

Offline TiddlesRX7

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »
That\'s awesome. I never knew there was a track near me. I just thought there was a few banger racing tracks thats all. Is there a website with info about race dates and locations. My eldest son would love this big style! Oh and I might like it a little too :)

Ade
I don\'t need to upgrade my stock turbo to beat your ass!

Get your finger out, get it on the road and start driving it then!!! (B.Martin 25/2/12)

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »
Do you have to worry about noise limits? As an unrestricted PP will produce a little more HP, but it will be awesomely loud!

ARC91

13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 10:06:39 PM »
hi try http://www.national-autograss.co.uk/ class 7 is just one of 10 classes from 1000cc unmodified minis to class 10 unlimited open wheelers, this season is just about finished but this site will give you the basics.

hi Grant, we\'re limited to 102dbs, still trying to find out at what revs though because nobodys run a rotary before,might have to turbo it to keep the noise down

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
13b pp in a austin mini
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 10:19:21 PM »
Turboing a PP isn\'t going to reduce the noise much. Also you probably have high compression rotors in the engine so you probably can\'t run too much boost, I\'m guessing about 8psi. Would still pump up the HP power though.