Author Topic: MSN article in the UK  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Competition PZ

• View Profile
MSN article in the UK
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:24:20 PM »
http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/photoviewer.aspx?cp-documentid=158745847#image=5

Most expensive cars to repair
7. Mazda RX-8 (2003 - )

Average repair cost: £608.82
Even 9 years on the RX-8 remains a cracking coupe to drive, largely thanks to the impressive 228bhp from its 1.3-litre Rotary engine. Surprisingly the complicated rotary engine is responsible for only 11% of all RX-8 repair claims. Instead the car\'s electrical system is a much bigger culprit, making up over half of repair claims.

There go the residual values in the UK market then :(

The positive is only 11% are "engine" problems and I\'m betting the high cost of the mainly electrical is coming from the coils and the Bose door speakers !!

TYPICAL rubbish from MSN/UK journalist though "complicated rotary engine" ... wtf !!!

psydom

MSN article in the UK
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Competition PZ;779792
TYPICAL rubbish from MSN/UK journalist though "complicated rotary engine" ... wtf !!!
 Lol :) that was my first thought.. Errm.. complicated?

Of course, with journalism like that can you trust the 11% figure?

And I don\'t know about you guys, but I think that average repair bill is probably only if you take it to a Mazda dealer for repairs.. I got suckered for over 1K by Mazda for repairs (mostly unneeded or not actually done right) before I went somewhere else. To be fair, they weren\'t pulling a fast one for the cash, they just didn\'t have any mechanics that new anything about the rotary.. (They would have to employ a real mechanic for that, one that doesn\'t need a playbook for every repair, right? :rolleyes:)

ooh.. looks like my snide side is showing :rollin I\'ll be quite now ;p

Offline Arnie_O

• Major Contributor
  • Boosted RENESIS
    • South Ockendon, Essex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aston.osborne?ref=profile
MSN article in the UK
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 06:36:42 PM »
hmm not too fermiliar with all those electrical faults they are claiming plagues the RX8
Turbocharged 192ps RX-8 running Meth Injection on an Adaptronic
Fully Bridgeported 231ps RX-8 stripped for the Track
2nd Gen RX-7 TurboII on a GT35r (show winner)