Author Topic: Brooklands Photos  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Nik da Greek

• Banned user
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 11:33:32 PM »
lol

Note to self, proof read posts before edit function times out :Hammer. That should have read "talking" not "tlaking", obviously. Though there was probably some of that, too. Soz four the awfool spelning :o

Quote from: Jojo;757906
Still.....think u secretly liked Katie\'s idea of the pink camera strap really Nik da!! ;)  Great piccies as always and thanks again for a lovely day. :Thumbs-up
Hell, yeah! I still want that pink MX-5. I had a pic of it all ready to go but I was beaten to it :rollin

Offline Jojo

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 11:37:55 PM »
Ruby might just have to be resprayed and renamed Rosey!! :Thumbs-up

Offline DrDan

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
Nik, as always, excellent camera work :)

I managed to snap a few picutres today as I raced around...
... Saturday I cleaned the car, and it looked like this:

... by the time we got to Sunday, following a spot of torrential rain it was so dirty I wasn\'t even allowed in to join the rest of the cars... :o

[Just kidding... besides, I didn\'t want to overload everyone with the common \'99 Innocent Blue Mica FDs :) ]

Just too cool for words:

This one always tickles me:

This guy kept trying to muscle in:

... see what I mean...

I\'ll skip the obvious Transformers comment...

And a few more...

Hope you all had a great day :)
DrDan.
Rex#2: Stock-ish 1999 Type R Innocent Blue http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=758132#post758132
Rex#1: Stock 1992 Type R Silver RX-7 FD3

Offline Skifledanabit

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 01:38:43 AM »
I\'ll start off with one of my favourite cars there...

and a couple I edited, I quite like the retro-esque 1950\'s advert style to them

here they all are, forgive the multiples, I was experimenting...
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Skifledanabit/Brooklands%20spring%20rotorshow%202011/

BTW, who was it I was following round the M25 and through the Dartford tunnel on the black FD?
1989 Gen 2 EGi http://www.missbanzai.net
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 05:11:06 AM »
...i really hope that we could have same looking Mazdas here... :(

But nice pics. Thanks :)

I really liked all those yellow cars. That FB and FD was really nice. And that silver FB with bodykit. :)
Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline kiwimazda

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 07:44:30 AM »
Nice pics peeps.
Shame I didnt get up to the banking due to Brooklands H&S. Would you beleive the agro even started before I got to the gate. I should have learnt from last year.
But still a good day out to talk with likeminded people and our bizzare obsession with these cars. Unfortunatly due to what happened I wont be going back to Brooklands with this car and probably not as a general visitor again.
Brian

Offline Will66

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 08:06:18 AM »
Their H&S did seem a bit heavy handed from last year.  By the end of their brief on the Test Hill part of me was convinced that my car, which is pretty modern and reasonably powerful would really struggle getting up.  In reality it was very simple.  However I guess it\'s the price you pay for a bunch of lefties making it easy for people to sue other people.
RX8 High Power, Cusco Coilovers, Dotz wheels and flames. Shoe Size 12

Apparently putting details of your car spec in your signature means the nice folks on exile-rotorsport think you\'re a fool.  I can think of no higher compliment!

"Eat it with a chopstick!"

Offline cyman

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 09:44:07 AM »
great pics everyone :)

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fc3s.co.uk/
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »
Great pics from everyone :)

Brooklands H&S is simple... all it takes is one stupid lawsuit to shut a museum like that, (or at least stop the car meets etc) so it\'s either face the briefig, or loose out.  It didn\'t really hurt all that much, right? :Giggle
At the end of the day, it\'s meant to be fun - not a political movement! :burnout
[xbox.card]BrettMRC[/xbox.card]

Offline kiwimazda

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »
You are obviously not quite aware of what happened. Upon arrival I unloaded the car from the the trailer before the entrance gate in the shade to put the road wheels on. At this point I was approach by the hi viz brigade who asked " what do you think you are doing" l looked around for some pikies tipping rubbish. I explained the situation and was told there was no room for me and I would have to park that thing elsewhere.
I then sat Blake on my lap and drove down to the paddock area.
When it was,what I thought time to go to the banking I moved my car to let others go.up first as i have been in the front before. At this point another from h&s decided to shout and rant saying don\'t move your car, where do you think you are going.
Then as I can fully understand only one person per seat I was not allowed to take Hannah to the embankment. But the attitude and rudeness of it all as I explained I was not going to let my 7 year old wander up there on her own. Thanks for the offer by the gent to take her but sorry I don\'t know who you are therefore I said no.
So the car was parked up in the car park. I had a wander round to come back and find all the ignition switches had been messed with.
So no kit didn\'t hurt that much.

Offline Nik da Greek

• Banned user
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 10:53:47 AM »
They\'re utter arsehoIes, think I may have mentioned that before, shortly before being shouted down :rolleyes:

The staff there are the one thing that would (and almost did) stop me from going. In a way, it\'s nice to see the only one that resents being treated like a slightly retarded child by them, but it\'s a shame that they feel they have a mandate to treat anyone like that. I won\'t embarass them by mentioning names, but I know of at least one other paid-up club member who had significant problems even getting in the venue, and arrived fuming over the idiot at the gate\'s rudeness.

Seems to get mentioned every year, but paying members\' opinions apparently count for little against "not giving the wrong impression about the event" :3Confused

Offline exiled-viking

• exiled Viking modding on MRC
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 11:25:15 AM »
some keen eye photography, and nice to meet up with old and new faces to say i was not going to attend this event, i am very happy i did !! what a lovely day out with nice people;)

Offline 787b

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 11:49:34 AM »
awesome  pics

Offline Skifledanabit

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »
Quote from: kiwimazda;757953
Thanks for the offer by the gent to take her but sorry I don\'t know who you are therefore I said no.

That would have been me, don\'t worry, I\'m fully CRB checked lol, but I understand the concern.
1989 Gen 2 EGi http://www.missbanzai.net
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline kiwimazda

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Brooklands Photos
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »
What i am concerned about is that i would not have got enough for her to clear my mortgage ;)