Author Topic: All great things have a beginning  (Read 1542 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: All great things have a beginning
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2019, 05:42:56 PM »
Mr  eobe  here  ;) , see Jon, I told I get called lots of things  :D :D.

Anyway, with sensible hat back on. I still have an NC rack in the garage and found like you, it would not fit.

As Jon say's search the race car thread as details are in there. Once I sussed out how the RX-8 rack worked it was an easy conversion and just a matter of making a sleeve  to stop the worm drive working.

Coils, if you remember I was running stock RX-8 coils and my mapper of the time kept saying that the coils were why it would not map properly---------wrong, the AEM coils made no difference !!!

So it may save you money to run the RX-8 coils. Also Pip and myself uncovered something weird when he took over.  I was using the full function wheel but also took an RX 8 wheel, an FD wheel and a wheel I had modified. we ran the car up with different wheels attached and bizarrely it made no difference, yet again know this may save you money.           
All the best Clive

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2019, 05:47:11 PM »
Trigger wheels ahhh...i was thinking steering wheels lol.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2019, 06:15:21 PM »
Mr  eobe  here  ;) , see Jon, I told I get called lots of things  :D :D.

Anyway, with sensible hat back on. I still have an NC rack in the garage and found like you, it would not fit.

As Jon say's search the race car thread as details are in there. Once I sussed out how the RX-8 rack worked it was an easy conversion and just a matter of making a sleeve  to stop the worm drive working.

Coils, if you remember I was running stock RX-8 coils and my mapper of the time kept saying that the coils were why it would not map properly---------wrong, the AEM coils made no difference !!!

So it may save you money to run the RX-8 coils. Also Pip and myself uncovered something weird when he took over.  I was using the full function wheel but also took an RX 8 wheel, an FD wheel and a wheel I had modified. we ran the car up with different wheels attached and bizarrely it made no difference, yet again know this may save you money.         
Did you just swap the wheels around and used the same pick up? I'm looking at getting the hall effect sensor as it is far superior than a mag aparently.

I'm swapping my engine front cover from an FD front cover too an FC front over so that I can bolt an FC sump straight up instead of having to custom make one.

Therefore a can buy the FFE trigger wheel kit which bolts straight up however I already know it won't work with my side mount alternator

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2019, 08:47:50 PM »
For anyone that wants to know, Clive Post about depowering the rack is on reply 1492...... Yeh I just scrolled through the whole thread to find it

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2019, 08:49:28 PM »
Give me a rough idea, need to get a rack and stick it in. Just so it holds the wheels straight and then pull it in bits