Author Topic: Laeeqs old car  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Morrmat

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »
I always liked this car - could do with a better spec write up!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1983068.htm

Offline captainbizzaro

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 09:05:01 PM »
And better pictures, they don\'t do it justice.

MaLicE

Laeeqs old car
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 03:38:24 AM »
who puts "due to cancer treatment" in a for sale ad?! i appreciate people go through hard times but really?!

pictures may as well be drawn also!

Offline Freddy

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Trans-Cars.co.uk
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 04:18:29 AM »
Depends how desperate you are for the sale. I suppose you just accept people exerting their unfortunate predicament in certain ways.

Offline Laeeq

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
He is seriusly ill and wants to sell the car asap.  Had a phone call from him to buy it back and seriously i had space to park up i will buy it back.  Nothing wrong with him explaining the real reason for a sale.   I know he loves that car to bits.

hmmm making few phone calls now as i dont want this gone to a breakers yard:2Rolleyes
Laeeq

Offline Morrmat

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »
Laeeq get some better pics up on here of it!!

Offline Nik da Greek

• Banned user
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 04:31:20 PM »
Only one I could find easily...

.....always loved this car especially the wheels, really sorry to hear your mate\'s health problems Laeeq :(

Offline S3TH

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 06:25:22 PM »
This is the car laeeq had when I joined MRC, always remembered & recognised it as his car, to the point where the car actually looks like laeeq :Giggle

Offline ANRX7

• View Profile
Newbie with Questions. History of ex-Laeeq yellow FD3
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »
Hi All,
I\'ve been lucky enough to become the new owner of Laeeq old yellow car.

The car is a bit tatty on the body work and interior. It\'s taken a knock on the right rear panel by the exhasut pipe - looks like a reversing .... up. Right rear corner has been battered as if driven down/up a kerb/slope and misjudged the skirt height. So, some work there to do.

The interior is not too bad but lots of loose wires everywhere, ICE ripped out in the rear hatch but it has a CASKA 2-din CD/radio/TV unit but it is not connected - just laying loose on the carpet when I got the car. These only appear to be on sale is Oz/NZ and can\'t find a manual online. All the ICE in the boot was ripped out before I bought the car. Just crudely cut wires filling the boot space. Bit of a mess. I won\'t put the ICE back in to the rear hatch. I\'ll try to install a more modest CD/radio set up.

Q: Can anyone help with a CASKA manual?

Lights on the front - well, I think they\'ve got to come out. They are only going to get smashed anyway.

Viper alarm working. I\'m not familiar with the alarm apart from the basics.

Q: Can anyone help with a Viper 500XV manual?

The mechanicals look in great condition and the engine runs smoothily, starts fine, pulls fine, no undue noises or issues as far as I can tell. That engine is powerful! Excellent!

I have a bunch of questions some of you may be able to help with:

I know Nathan owned the car up until july 2005 at least. However, I have no evidence of any work on the car between then and February 2007.

Q: Does anyone know of the cars activity from summer 2005 until 2007?

Q: Anyone have any pictures of the car that you wouldn\'t mind sharing with me? (apart from the ones on the forums)

Q: The spare wheel well was half full of water. Is rear \'hatch water leak\' a known common problem?

Q: The front side-lights are high intensity blue lights. Are these illegal?

I would like to bring the cars to shows and meet some RX7 fans. Looking forward to some events.

Thanks for reading.:WaveBye
Cheers
Adrian

Offline Nik da Greek

• Banned user
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 08:10:26 AM »
Hiya, and welcome to MRC first off :Thumbs-up And well done for buying one of my more fave ever FDs.

Can\'t help with a few of your issues I\'m afraid, but yes, the rear hatch boot leak is a common one. Usual suspects for water ingress are spoiler mounts, rear screen rubbers and rear light wiring grommets. It\'s a bit of a faff to diagnose which is the culprit, especially spoiler or screen because the water collects in the hatch plastic trim and masks where it\'s actually entering from. Just try stuffing paper towels or something on the inside of the various points it might be leaking from and then squirt a hose or something over the outside and see where it gets wet

Sidelights are illegal if they\'re actually blue rather than the sort of whitish-blue of "white" leds if that makes sense. If they\'re this sorta colour blue they should be fine

I\'m afraid the pic I posted above is the only decent one I can find of the Banana, sorry

Online clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:25 AM »
Welcome to MRC and good man becoming a full club member straight off the bat,

Nik has answered some I would have done straight away and hopefully more info will come from others,

To help with the lights pics may helps us to help you

BTW probably your nearest thing that\'s happening with our community  is brands on the 3rd of Dec where you dont have to go out on track as can just turn up and kick tyres with the rest of us if you wish, :cheers
All the best Clive

Offline ANRX7

• View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »
Hi Nik, Thanks for the wet paper test. I\'ll sort that this weekend.
Hi Clive, thanks for the Brands Hatch heads up - I\'ve booked a day off work so should be there on the Friday.
Cheers.

Offline Laeeq

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »
Quote from: ANRX7;721068
Hi All,
I\'ve been lucky enough to become the new owner of Laeeq old yellow car.

The car is a bit tatty on the body work and interior. It\'s taken a knock on the right rear panel by the exhasut pipe - looks like a reversing .... up. Right rear corner has been battered as if driven down/up a kerb/slope and misjudged the skirt height. So, some work there to do.

The interior is not too bad but lots of loose wires everywhere, ICE ripped out in the rear hatch but it has a CASKA 2-din CD/radio/TV unit but it is not connected - just laying loose on the carpet when I got the car. These only appear to be on sale is Oz/NZ and can\'t find a manual online. All the ICE in the boot was ripped out before I bought the car. Just crudely cut wires filling the boot space. Bit of a mess. I won\'t put the ICE back in to the rear hatch. I\'ll try to install a more modest CD/radio set up.

Q: Can anyone help with a CASKA manual?

Lights on the front - well, I think they\'ve got to come out. They are only going to get smashed anyway.

Viper alarm working. I\'m not familiar with the alarm apart from the basics.

Q: Can anyone help with a Viper 500XV manual?

The mechanicals look in great condition and the engine runs smoothily, starts fine, pulls fine, no undue noises or issues as far as I can tell. That engine is powerful! Excellent!

I have a bunch of questions some of you may be able to help with:

I know Nathan owned the car up until july 2005 at least. However, I have no evidence of any work on the car between then and February 2007.

Q: Does anyone know of the cars activity from summer 2005 until 2007?

Q: Anyone have any pictures of the car that you wouldn\'t mind sharing with me? (apart from the ones on the forums)

Q: The spare wheel well was half full of water. Is rear \'hatch water leak\' a known common problem?

Q: The front side-lights are high intensity blue lights. Are these illegal?

I would like to bring the cars to shows and meet some RX7 fans. Looking forward to some events.

Thanks for reading.:WaveBye
Cheers
Adrian

Good news that atleast ths car has gone to good home at last.   However, after reading your long e-mail; full of random questions and few points in your post above that all these problems or issues you have with the car are all down to me when  sold the car.:xconfused:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I sold the car in tip top condition with loads of extra work done and money spent on her from a very first day i collected off nathan.  I had to get new down pipe made, new wastegate fitted,  turned the blitz front mount into v-mount, different wheels (not th ones on the car atm) new front lips, canards, custom GT wing, new all sides and rear skirts made in ally. Made R-magic style lights (very reason why i got banned here because there was a fear that i was mass producing these in my kitchen) all done by myself to bring that car to best possible condition; looks and drive wise.  The ONLY reason i sold that car was because it was yellow:3Confused got noticed where ever i went and did not like too much attention that car bought...:2Rolleyes

I had a call few days later after i had sold the car to Jin, that he had someone hit the back while the car was parked at Heathrow.  

He also had a soft spot for fog lights and neons etc:rolleyes: The wheels, sound system, tv etc were all his choice.  I had no right to tell him on what to do as i did not own that car anymore.
Laeeq

Offline PDale

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 02:40:35 PM »
Why is it that people who have purchased an RX7 recently are b1tching about what mods, etc the previous owner has done and the poor condition the car is in? (not applicable to Laeeq as he wasn\'t the last owner)

Surely if you viewed the car before you bought it, you would have known the condition?

With the exceptions being:

a) you viewed the car at night (which would be silly)
b) you\'re Stevie Wonder

Fair enough if you create a post asking how to fix something, but taking a pop at previous owners is pointless.

*throws tuppence on the table*

Offline gsb876

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://WWW.GSBAINSBOOKS.COM
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »
Cant blame Laeeq for the condition of the car dude, first of all you must have viewed the car before buying so if there were issues walk away.

Have seen a few of Laeeq\'s cars and they have all been well treated from what i saw :Thumbsup!

Hope the car returns to its former glory fella :cheers
"Every generation has the chance to change the world"

Mills & Bains guest author :Giggle