Author Topic: Laeeqs old car  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Nik da Greek

• Banned user
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 05:02:51 PM »
To be fair to Adrian the new owner, I didn\'t interpret his post as moaning about/at anyone or the car :3Confused? It just seems to me like he\'s reporting on what needs doing and asking for advice on how to go about it. Dunno what the problem is, isn\'t that what most people do when they buy a new car and join a forum?

Offline PDale

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »
Its just the way it reads tbh.

Nik da Greek
It just seems to me like he\'s reporting on what needs doing and asking  for advice on how to go about it. Dunno what the problem is, isn\'t that  what most people do when they buy a new car and join a forum?
Yep, I agree thats normal, nothing wrong with that, but......

ANRX7
Newbie with Questions. History of ex-Laeeq yellow FD3
I have a bunch of questions some of you may be able to help with:

I know Nathan owned the car up until july 2005 at least. However, I have  no evidence of any work on the car between then and February 2007.

Q: Does anyone know of the cars activity from summer 2005 until 2007?
The above just seems irrelevant as he has bought the car now. If he was thinking of buying it I could understand wanting to find out about the car\'s history, but now he has the car what is the point? Just seemed like it was insinuating something. If it had been posted on a new thread without the above comments in quotes, it would have read fine.

Dunno, maybe its that time of the month.....  :D

Offline ANRX7

• View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 09:30:11 PM »
Whoa there guys! My apologies if I gave you the wrong impression. No, I was just asking about the history of the car as I would like to know where the old girl\'s been.
I\'ve compiled a little history file on it for posterity hence the question about \'where was it between 05 and 07. I\'m just so thrilled with the car that I\'m interested in everything about it.
Believe me, I was in no way complaining. I viewed it in the rain actually, not the best idea of course, but that\'s just how the day turned out. I was pretty much decided on it before I viewed it as I had read up on the car and spoke to the seller. It\'s a fantastic car. I just need to learn more about this car and the FD\'s in general.
Re the ICE and stuff, just keeping Laeeq updated with what\'s happened to it since it left his hands. It was a shame that it had been let go a bit BUT I knew that when I bought it and am very very happy with that state of the car and the price I paid.
I\'m glad Laeeq has mentioned the Heathrow airport incident. Now I know how that happened I am happy.

Can\'t wait to jump in to it tomorrow morning. :)  Woohoo!

If anyone has got any more info on the car I\'m very happy to hear about it.

All the best to you all.
Cheers
Adrian

Offline gsb876

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://WWW.GSBAINSBOOKS.COM
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 09:48:03 PM »
cool stuff Adrian, that clears that up :Laugh
"Every generation has the chance to change the world"

Mills & Bains guest author :Giggle

Offline ANRX7

• View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 10:42:33 PM »
PS. Thanks Laeeq. I appreciate the info you\'ve given.

Offline ANRX7

• View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 09:53:31 PM »
Hi All,
I\'m still enjoying Laeeq\'s old car. What a blast!

I\'m wondering if anyone can help me with info on two things?

1/ The car has an electronic box with LEDs mounted right up in the top right hand corner of the windscreen (viewed from the drivers seat). It\'s a black box, a little bigger than a box of matches? Love to know what it is. I haven\'t noticed the led lights coming on at all.
I\'ll see if I can photograph it.

2/ In the picture of the car above, it has Aviator wheels on it. It has got locking wheel nuts but guess what, yep you guessed it, no lock nut key. Any chance anyone has a octangonal key? I\'ve trawled through the internet and not found octagonal keys. I wonder if anyone recognizes the style of key I\'m describing?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks guys.
ANRX7

Offline ANRX7

• View Profile
Trackday at Lydden Hill, Kent
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
For those of you who like Track Days or are thinking about doing a track day, check out Lydden Hill in Kent, near Canterbury. It\'s very relaxed. Rates are pretty good too. You get a 20min session every hour - all day long. Each of the 3 x 20 min sessions per hour are divided in to ability groups - so, Novice, Intermediate and Experienced groups.

I\'ve not changed the car much since I got it. Big headlights in the oil cooler side vents have been removed, AtomicRex replaced all suspension and bushes, exhaust system and clutch. Goes like a rocket and firm footed too, even with regular road tyres.
Lydden Hill is pretty good for viewing or watching other drivers\' techniques as the circuit nestles in a valley so that you can see all of the circuit at once.
Looking forward to the next trackday.

Images courtesy of Matt www.rubberduckdoes.com

:Thumbs-up
Adrian

Offline ANRX7

• View Profile
Laeeqs old car
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
Just to let you guys know that I am selling my car, as pictured above, on Ebay Motors.
If anyone asks about it many of you guys have seen the car and know its history.
It\'s still a dam* good car and has been sorted out by AtomicRex for track days.
I\'m going racing this year in another class of car so happy to pass the RX on to someone who can enjoy her.
All the best
Adrian

Offline ANRX7

• View Profile
Link to Sale
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 11:47:43 PM »

Mr. Seven

Laeeqs old car
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
Please e-mail me about your car.  Very interested  : cky2a061616solid@yahoo.com Thank you!!

Offline ANRX7

• View Profile
emailed you.......
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 08:39:35 PM »
Quote from: Mr. Seven;815181
Please e-mail me about your car.  Very interested  : cky2a061616solid@yahoo.com Thank you!!

OK, emailed you. Let me know what you would like to know.
Regards