Author Topic: struggling to buy a rx. advice please.  (Read 1698 times)

Offline turbotoaster

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
struggling to buy a rx. advice please.
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 08:26:34 AM »
hes doesnt do it for a living, he used to do maybe 1 a month, buy it, drive it around for a bit then sell it, he still has all his trade account stuff and doesnt use it, so just like me who is always willing to help anyone into rotarys because its a nice thing to do.

If it costs 8k then fair enough, if thats what chrisyboi wants to pay he can have one, if he wants to pay less then can look for something earlier, its not a massive deal

Offline Freddy

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Trans-Cars.co.uk
struggling to buy a rx. advice please.
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 10:06:36 AM »
From my experience, there is always a motive - monetarily or something similar so do excuse what I mentioned above.

A good 95-98 model RX-7 with history, low mileage, accident free shell (note - uncommon now) would cost around £6-8k landed and fully registered in the country. The attached car below belongs to a friend of mine - 1998, Type R, 44000 Miles, Compression tested in high 8\'s and handled flawlessly. He imported it from Japan and it did cost him around £7500, he could well have purchased one for less but with RX-7\'s - the price very much so is directly related to the condition both aesthetically and mechanically.

I would say a good 99 Spec model would be in the £9500 mark but I have not imported recently to warrant a definite reply.